How do you reverse a sequence?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JimHJ

How do you reverse a sequence?

Post by JimHJ »

I created an animation with a door closing. But now I have decided I want to have a scene with the door opening, is there a simple way to reversed the order of an animation?

I had the same situation with a book that I animated, I ended up copying each keyframe, in each layer, in reverse order and counting all the frames so everything matched up. it was a lot of work and I don't wanna do that again. There has to be an Easter way.
DK

Post by DK »

toonertime

reverse keyframes

Post by toonertime »

does anyone know how to use this?
DK

Post by DK »

Good point....I just tried to use it in 5.6 and it did'nt work!!!!...I'll try it in 5.5 and report back!

Cheers
D.K
DK

Post by DK »

Ok....no problem with getting it to work in both versions of AS. There are three main settings that you need to tweak.

1. Source frame: This sets the first frame you want to start the reverse script on. (I leave this set this to 0)

2.Source last frame : Set this to the end frame of your animation you are reversing.

3. Number of frame to offset from last fram: Set this to 10 and run the script. There will be 10 blank frames at the end of your original animation then the reverse keyframes will start. These are your reversed keyframes. If you want your reversed animation to start from frame "0" You will need to cut paste these frames to frame "0".

EDIT: The last file I tgried to reverse had bone animation in it. I got some weird global error. It ran fine on standard point animation though. Someone else who is script savvy might want to check this out.

Cheers
D.K
JimHJ

Post by JimHJ »

Thanks for the help. The script worked great. A few of my lawyers didn't quite lineup the way they did in the original foreword animation, but it is just minor tweaking that I have to do, which is a lot less work than trying to reverse the order of one key frame at a time in multiple layers.

THINKS AGAIN! :D