Flash output/input problem

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hamsterbloke

Flash output/input problem

Post by Hamsterbloke »

I need to be able to export to Flash (swf) then import that file back into Flash. It worked the first time I tried it then I output at a different size and Flash refuses to import that one, complaining that it has trouble reading the file. There's no other difference as far as I can see apart from the frame size. My workmate's Flash MX will import one of the files; my Flash 5 won't import any at all.
Another query (possibly linked to the problem): When the animation, of a single character moving, reaches the end of its 400 frames, it begins repeating, but the moving character appears behind a freeze frame of himself - possibly the first or last frame - then plays at a fraction of the correct speed. Any thoughts-??
"Patience, and shuffle the cards" -Cervantes
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

This can happen with complex files, particularly if you export variable line widths to Flash. Try this: in the Project Settings window in Moho, turn on the checkbox labeled "Extra SWF frame", then re-export your SWF file. This can "trick" Flash into reading the file correctly.
Hamsterbloke

Post by Hamsterbloke »

Thanks! That did the trick as far as MX is concerned.
Extra thanks for the super-quick response!
"Patience, and shuffle the cards" -Cervantes
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

I was having this same problem just today. I checked the "Extra swf frame" box, and this corrected the problem, but I didn't like the blank frame at the end of the animation (which made the loop hiccup).

My solution was to re-render the complicated portions of my scene as a .png. This fixed whatever was going on... no more frozen final frame. This of course wouldn't work in every case. :)

Regards,
Dave
cribble

Post by cribble »

Banterfield wrote:I was having this same problem just today. I checked the "Extra swf frame" box, and this corrected the problem, but I didn't like the blank frame at the end of the animation (which made the loop hiccup).

My solution was to re-render the complicated portions of my scene as a .png. This fixed whatever was going on... no more frozen final frame. This of course wouldn't work in every case. :)

Regards,
Wouldn't of it been easier to import the file into flash, or a seperate flash document, and remove the extra frame and re-export that from flash again? hence solving the loop problem.
--Scott
cribble.net
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

I don't own flash, much as I'd like to.

Making the png and rescaling it to fit in the original document only took a minute. I think the only downside is that it might make things look a bit more aliased than they otherwise would.

Regards,
Dave