Delete freehand tool outline

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

riledguy

Delete freehand tool outline

Post by riledguy »

How do I delete the outline of shapes I have drawn with the freehand tool? I uncheck the box for "enable outline" but it still shows up.
"Boss demon tells me
Oh how he would like to kill me
Wait a minute tough guy
My disease does that for free" - Clutch
myles

Post by myles »

You need to select the shape first using the Select Shape tool (it looks a bit like a white kidney bean holding a black umbrella).

Easy to do if your freehand shapes were drawn using Auto Close and Auto Fill, you can just click on the fill area - the fill will change to a checkered pattern.

If your shape is an outline only, it helps if you first zoom in on a portion of the shape's outline, so it is easier to see if you have successfully selected it (the outline colour will change into a checkered pattern)

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
riledguy

Post by riledguy »

myles wrote:You need to select the shape first using the Select Shape tool (it looks a bit like a white kidney bean holding a black umbrella).

Easy to do if your freehand shapes were drawn using Auto Close and Auto Fill, you can just click on the fill area - the fill will change to a checkered pattern.

If your shape is an outline only, it helps if you first zoom in on a portion of the shape's outline, so it is easier to see if you have successfully selected it (the outline colour will change into a checkered pattern)

Regards, Myles.
I have done this. My problem as I stated is that when I uncheck the outline box after the shape is selected it is still showing a black outline. I need to get rid of this somehow. Telling it to not have an outline does not seem to do the trick.
"Boss demon tells me
Wait a minute tough guy
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Are you sure you're not just seeing the editing curves that make up the shape? If you render the result, do you still see the outline?
riledguy

Post by riledguy »

Lost Marble wrote:Are you sure you're not just seeing the editing curves that make up the shape? If you render the result, do you still see the outline?
I am sure it is not the editing curves. I render out the frame and my tree highlights are all outlined in black. I drew them with a wacom pen and all the various line weights are still intact also. Even with the box unchecked there is no change in them. I could in therory hide all the lines so that just the fill shows but that would be a real pane in the ass. There are a lot of lines.
"Boss demon tells me
Wait a minute tough guy
myles

Post by myles »

riledguy wrote:I render out the frame and my tree highlights are all outlined in black.
Hmm. So you select a particular highlight (with the Shape Select tool, not the normal Point Select Tool ), and only the highlight goes checkered, not the normal tree fill, right?

The Style Panel shows the fill and outline details of the highlight you've selected, yes?

Are you applying a named Style for your fills and outlines, or just using simple individual fills?

Regards, Myles.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

There's something funny going on here - we need to see the Moho file. If you can, put it up on a web site and post a link. Otherwise, email it to support@lostmarble.com