Questions about groups (clips inside clips solutions)

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

7fan

Questions about groups (clips inside clips solutions)

Post by 7fan »

Hi All,

At first congrat to lost Marble team, Moho is a great software. I plan to work a lot with it.
I'd like to know what is the process to use animations (movie clips) inside animations.

Let's imagine you setup a character, but is it possible to have for each part of the character animations in which you pick up the right one for an animation at a time. For example, the torso should be in three keys, to give it three rotations and you can choose the right frame or the animations between various animations:
You have the first one move back to front, the second is front to back, third should be front, etc...
So when you want to animate you pick up the good animations to set up the fine posing before animating your bones.
I know that it's a flash thinking so i want to find how to get the same process with the power of animation of Moho.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kind regards to any assistance.
Xavier
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

You should look into Moho's "Actions". An action is like a little clip of animation that can be re-used in Moho. For example, you could create a character with the following actions: Walk, Blink, Smile, etc. Then, you just insert the action you want to use at the appropriate time.

In your case, you could make actions for turning from front to side, side to front, etc.
7fan

Post by 7fan »

Thanks for the quick answer,

I've checked it, but is it possible to have combos of actions.
For a character or anything that should recquire it, can we have sub-actions in actions? Is it possible to have various depths in the actions?

Thanks
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Yes, you can copy one action into another. Or, you can insert multiple actions at the same time in the main timeline. The only restriction is that the actions have to be "independent". For example, a Walk action and a Kick action both involve the legs. If you insert them both at the same time, the second one will overwrite the first one - depending on the actions, it may completely replace the first one, or you may get a funny combination of the two. On the other hand, a Walk action and a Head Shake action would presumably not involve the same body parts and could be combines without any interference.