frame by frame and morphing?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mel

frame by frame and morphing?

Post by mel »

do you think i can morph images together and combinate a bones action :
for exemple , i try to make an man fly :) and i have drawn several positions, but not enough to make my guy semm real :/ so between both can i create a transition as morphing ?
***mel***
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Moho really isn't designed to work like that. However, with switch layers you can interpolate (morph) between different drawings, so that may be one way to get it to work. The problem is that this feature of switch layers is kind of limited - each layer in the switch group has to have the exact same number of points. It was intended as a way to smoothly move a mouth from one position to another, and even though it might work for what you're describing, I think it will be awkward.
mel

Post by mel »

i see ,
but does it work when my images are .PNG files? i've first drawn them with Photoshop.. wy does png dont act as layers!! its complicated....
***mel***
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

PNG files do act as layers - Image layers. However, Moho cannot interpolate between them. With vector layers, Moho knows more information about the structure of the artwork. With image layers, all Moho sees is a random collection of colored dots (pixels).