walk cycle

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Tel750

walk cycle

Post by Tel750 »

I worked on the latest walk cycle tutorial last night. Very effective but only to the 24th frame. I tried many things including pulling my hair out but to no avail. I tried again this morning and almost got it just one or two little niggles. Here is what I did. I cycled all the bone layers back to zero so when the animation ended its alotted 24 frames in the main timeline it kept on walking on the spot, for later translation on the main layer timeline. The problem that I am having is that even though the Head and Body layer are cycled back to Frame 0 when he reaches frame 24 the body goes back to the origin point leaving everything else at frame 24 position. Neat and kinda spooky but not what I am looking for in this animation. Any ideas? I can't post the file unfortunately, my usb key is on its way though.
Cheers
Terry
And now! At Last! Another film completely different from some of the other films which aren't quite the same as this one is.
Not animation related just what I do.
http://www.chivali.com.au
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

If I understood you problem correctly your cycling layertranslation (or some other translation) as well as bonerotation. The problem with this is that the value of which the bones rotation is measured in is degrees and it is therefor independent om its actual position. When you translate points/bones/layers the value is a certain x,y and z position. If layer "Guy waking" (just for an exampel) has his head at x-position 3, y-position 1 and z-position 1, and at frame 24 (where the cycle ends) the heads x-position is 5, y-position 1 and x-position 1: then the head will cycle back to x-position 3.