How do I set up an action

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

riledguy

How do I set up an action

Post by riledguy »

I have gone through all the tutorials and I can see the wonderful wayactions make my life better and how they save time but I did not see where it showed me how to set them up. I only saw how to impliment them.

How do I set up actions and any advice on how to set them up. Should I build a library of all the different actions seperatly then just apply them as i need or what?

thanks
"Boss demon tells me
Oh how he would like to kill me
Wait a minute tough guy
My disease does that for free" - Clutch
Agent

Post by Agent »

Have you seen tutorial 5.6? Everything is there about actions with an example.
riledguy

Set up

Post by riledguy »

I figured out how to set it up I did all the tutorials but I did not realize thatyou just put the key frames into the actions. I thought it had to be saved into an action or exported into an action.

I have the actions set. A question about the translate bone. I have in the run cycle the character bobbing up and down a bit. I don't seem to be able to keep this and and then position the character in the animation. I have to delete out the Keys in the translate bones in the running action if I want to be able to move the character around in the scene.

Also I can't seem to see how I can scale the character in the animation. When I scale the bone it effects the bone but i want to scale it all. How do I do this with while using an action?

Thanks
"Boss demon tells me
Oh how he would like to kill me
Wait a minute tough guy
My disease does that for free" - Clutch