help with color

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MadisonEve

help with color

Post by MadisonEve »

can you change color on every frame or not? I want my animation to look like it has blunt color changes throughout it.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

yes, just select the shape you want on the frame you want and change the color. it will add a keyframe in the shape channel.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Yes.

Select the shape and change the color in the style palette on a key frame. You may have to click on the time line settings and check the boxes for the fill and stroke channels. They are turned off by default.

When these are checked in the time line settings the keys for the fill and stroke animation channels will show up in the time line.

If you use "named styles" be careful. The saved style itself gets keyed. If it is used on more than one fill shape the color animates on all the shapes it is used on.

Plus if you want to change the named styles color you have to select it in the style palette to see the keys in the time line.

-vern
MadisonEve

Post by MadisonEve »

everytime I change the color the way you guys explained, it keeps turning blank on the screen.
Will it be different if I render it?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Can you define "blank"?

-vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

MadisonEve wrote:everytime I change the color the way you guys explained, it keeps turning blank on the screen.
Will it be different if I render it?
are you using effects?
if so, then render will help. if you are just changing the color, it means you are making something wrong.
MadisonEve

Post by MadisonEve »

hmmm.... what effects?
It's more like when I change the color on the screen, I dont get the color effect I want to go with the picture. It just changes to the color I just put on the scree.
fiziwig

Post by fiziwig »

Are you SELECTING the object before you change the color? Otherwise, you will just be changing he default color, not the color of the object you've selected. Does the object you select show the checkerboard pattern to show that it is selected?

--gary