Anime Studio vs. Anime Studio Pro

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DraconisTheory

Anime Studio vs. Anime Studio Pro

Post by DraconisTheory »

While doing the tutorials for Anime Studio I noticed several key features that were not present in the actual program but were displayed in said tutorials and I was wondering if it another documentation error like the Render window or if these features were simply not present in the base program for example:

The brush tool

The Scripts tab in the menu bar

Your responses are appreciated, and yes I am a noob (bought the program yesterday).
fiziwig

Post by fiziwig »

Those features are in the PRO version only. The tutorials don't bother to mention that.

--gary
DraconisTheory

Hooray

Post by DraconisTheory »

Acutally they do but they don't make a good point of pointing it out, (it is in parenthesis underneath the title once you view a tutorial) which is what I just figuired out and turns out that the base version of this program is almost useless compared to the PRO version. But thanks for the input and I'll see what I can do with this.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

I'd highly recommend the money for the Pro version, as it's a steal compared to other software out there. Actions alone are worth the price of admission.
fiziwig

Re: Hooray

Post by fiziwig »

DraconisTheory wrote:Acutally they do but they don't make a good point of pointing it out, (it is in parenthesis underneath the title once you view a tutorial) which is what I just figuired out and turns out that the base version of this program is almost useless compared to the PRO version. But thanks for the input and I'll see what I can do with this.
I would definitely NOT call the base version useless. I've been producing a lot of nice animation with it. There's not a single thing in the pro version that's worth the extra money to me. Just a few bells and whistles, but nothing substantial.

--gary
GardenGuy

Post by GardenGuy »

Take a look at a few tips I put down (and the responses with caveats) that will let you take advantage of Pro version functions even in your Standard version.

viewtopic.php?t=10272
Genete

Post by Genete »

http://www.e-frontier.com/filemanager/s ... tback6.pdf

This is the full chart comparison to know what have AS vs AS PRO.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

hey!, there is my rhino!.
it's not too nice... but is there.
rplate

Post by rplate »

selgin wrote:hey!, there is my rhino!.
it's not too nice... but is there.
Now you are an international artist, selgin. 8) Congratulations!