Having trouble openning .moho files

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Having trouble openning .moho files

Post by synthsin75 »

I'm having trouble openning these. In the link I copy the text and paste it in my text editor (notepad). I save it as a .moho or .anme file (whichever it says it is), but when I open it, it crashes ASP. I could swear this has worked before.
Please help, I feel I'm missing some valuable resources here.
fiziwig

Post by fiziwig »

Sounds like there are some characters in the file that Notepad can't handle. I've had that happen with other files of my own. Once opened in a text editor and saved, they can't be opened in AS because the text editor dropped characters it couldn't deal with.

Try downloading the link directly to disk instead of using a text editor. (Right click if you have Windows)

--gary
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I tried that, but the link points to an html document with the file text. I still have to convert it to a .moho file. I tried deleting the copyright symbol from the file, but it's still not working.
Any other ideas?
It seems I use to be able to do this. I wonder if it has anything to do with using Fazek's tools, which would be the only thing I've changed?
fiziwig

Post by fiziwig »

OK, I found something that worked for me. Try this.

Go to the link. Then view source (click on View > Source).

In the source version, at the bottom of the file is some HTML code.

Code: Select all

</object></layer></span></div></table></body></html><!-- adsok -->
<script language='javascript' src='https://a12.alphagodaddy.com/hosting_ads/gd01.js'></script>
Delete that but be sure to leaves all the closing brackets '}' that come just before it. Save that as mermaid17.moho.

It worked for me. Maybe AS was choking on that extra HTML stuff at the bottom of the file.

--gary [/code]
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Hey thanks, Gary. That works. I'll keep an eye out for that in the future. Also, I had no idea about that view>source bit.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

That's a pretty silly way to post .anme or .moho files.

I guess they didn't realize the ads at the top were stuck in the code that way. They should zip the file and post that as link. Then the html wouldn't be "in" the file.

That is a side effect of those free hosting sites. They stick junk into the pages.

You could also copy the moho file from the source code and save that as .moho or .anme. The view source should "colorize" the bits that aren't part of the moho file.

-vern