moving keyframes in the timeline

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

shawarma

moving keyframes in the timeline

Post by shawarma »

Hello i'm trying to use Moho 5.0
i have a problem. I was drawing a caracter, placing bones, colors and all. Then i realized that i was not on the first keyframe 0 .
Please tell me how i can move back my keyframes to the beginning. omg i've been trying to do that. I find all mu keyframes, no problem for that, but i can only move them to the frame1, because there is already a keyframe on frame0 that i cannot move or delete.
help me please!
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Select the dots on the frame with the keys (they will turn red), copy and paste them on frame "0". The values will be pasted and you're done!

Good luck,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Or, go to the frame that you created all these objects on. Then, use the Animation->Copy Current Frame menu command to copy that frame back to frame 0.
shawarma

Post by shawarma »

Thank you for your help!
i never thought about moving the dots.

Lost Marble, you mean that using Animation >Copy Current Frame command copies my frame automatically to 0 or do i have to paste it?

The timeline is quite special to use. The frame 0 seem to be a special frame, with specific purpose, sometimes you can't copy or paste some keyframes and I don't understand why, when I create and drag keyframes there is a red enlightment and I don't know what it is for and how to get it when I want it :lol:
Is it explained somewhere in the help file? except in the "timeline section" that is not detailed enough to get these infos? Or did I miss everything? :oops:

ok im going to try your solutions, thanx for all :)
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Basically frame "0" is for setting up elements like characters, bone structures etc. Sort of a library with elements to be used in the timeline. It is not really a part of the animation, notice when exporting rendering starts at frame 1 by default, not frame 0. Since version 5 it is possible to draw on frames other than zero to accomodate frame-by-frame animators (more traditional animation). However, this does cause some confusion when suddenly parts of the timeline turn red (meaning those frames are empty) or the behaviour of elements seem unexpected on certain frames. The timeline is one of the most complex parts of Moho but take it step-by-step and the logic will come to you eventually.

I'm only half-way there myself...

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com