translate multiple layers at once?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mortschultz

translate multiple layers at once?

Post by mortschultz »

is it possible to translate 3 out of 6 layers in a group at one time rather than going to each layer individually and rotating and moving the layer? i've been doing each layer individually for a while now and i thought there must be a better way!

any help is much appreciated! thank you!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Can you put those layers into another group or bone layer? If you can then you just translate the group to move all the layers.

Another option, if these layers are inside a bone layer and you can use bone binding on the layers you use one bone to move all the layers. Create a bone and bind all the layers to the same bone. Move that bone and all the layers move with it.

This is a problem if you also need those layers to be influenced by flexible or region bone binding. Binding the layer will eliminate any "flexible" control of the bones.

-vern
mortschultz

Post by mortschultz »

I never thought about a group inside of a group. That should definitely do the trick! Thanks a lot for the help!

I'll make another thread in the 'Show Your Work' forum to show the animation I'm currently working on.

Thanks again!