Custom Content Folder Question

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Little Yamori

Custom Content Folder Question

Post by Little Yamori »

My system crashed this week. But I was luckily (barely) able to rescue all my files, but stupidly while reloading all my software at 3AM, I skipped the set up for the custom content folder, now my brushes aren't showing up on some of my characters, and I'm too punchy from lack of sleep to figure out how to set it up now outside of the course of the install.

As always, any guidance is appreciated

LY
synthsin75

Re: Custom Content Folder Question

Post by synthsin75 »

You can create a custom content folder from the general tab of the preferences.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

I apologize in advance for not seeing it. I'm in the General Tab from the edit preferences, and I'm lost here seeing the following:

Automatically check for updates
Use Large fonts
Enable GPU
Enable export/import hardware acceleration
Enable touch support
Invert zoom wheel
Allow sending analytics information

Startup File

Max render cache size

Poser location

Language

I'm a bit lost :roll: After the reinstall, by not setting up the Custom Content Folder, I'm assuming this messed with my brushes since the rig I was working on reverted back to plain lines with "no Brush" but when I select the shape it says "missing brush" next to the stroke selection. When I reselect the brush of choice, and pick the correct brush to make the correction, it remains a plain stroke with the custom stroke combined with it in a hybrid outline. I know I'm missing something basic here, but I'm going on 20 hours no sleep, so as always help is very much appreciated
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If you're using AS11, it's Help>Set Custom Content Folder...

You may have to save and reopen the file for it to clear the missing brush it's looking for.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Thanks again synthsin75,

Yup, I'm still in 11. Found and set up the content folder, saved and reopened the file, but the strokes are still plain. Thanks for your help. I'll try again in the morning, as I'm about to pass out.

have a good night
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Ok, it seems like there's something else that I'm missing. I've reinstalled As Pro 11.2.1, got the Custom Content Folder in place, but for some reason my files are not picking up the brushes anymore. Could this be a directory issue, since I'm now working on a new machine?

When I try to manually correct, I'm getting that hybrid plain stroke/custom brush, that I just can't seem to fix
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I've never seen a "hybrid plain stroke/custom brush", so I'd have to see a file to diagnose it.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

synthsin75 wrote:I've never seen a "hybrid plain stroke/custom brush", so I'd have to see a file to diagnose it.
I'd send a file, but the same monkey file that I sent last time is one of the several affected, even though nothing has been changed in those actual files so I don't think it'll be of much use. It may be because my system crashed and I'm now working on a new machine with a new video card that something is quirky. So basically all the "hairy" brushes in the existing files have reverted to plain strokes. After setting up the Custom Content Folder, I use the select shape tool in these affected files to correct the affected shapes and click the hairy brush again. Here's where things only partially work, if I'm selecting a stroke done with the freehand tool that are only lines, they convert to the hairy stroke correctly, so no issue here, but... if I'm selecting a shape that has a stroke and a fill, the plain stroke remains after I click the hairy brush, but adds the hairy stroke to the existing stroke, so if I use the line width it actually will widen or narrow both the plain stroke and hairy stroke together, which is why I described it as a hybrid.

I tried create shape with fill only, and even unchecking the stroke, but it remains. Is there another way for me to clear the shape, so I can add the hairy stroke.

(so far all newly made shapes work normally, only the previous files are not working correctly).

Sorry for the trouble
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I don't know where the late file you posted is.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Hopefully this shows what I was trying to describe