Locked Layer??

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Little Yamori

Locked Layer??

Post by Little Yamori »

Okay, I know the answer to this is simple, but I'm driving myself nuts right now trying to remember what I did.

Right now there is a red dot next to my layer icon in my work panel, and I cannot paste points to that layer now. I tried releasing layer, clearing animation from layer etc... but still the red dot remains. I just cleared this situation the other day, but for the life of me I can't remember what I did. (if I manually add points it clears the red dot, but I still can't paste points to this layer that I copied from the layer below it, and if I remove the points I manually added, the red dot comes back, but in either case I still can't paste the points that I copied from another layer).

Much thanks to anyone who can give the answer.

LY :oops:
synthsin75

Re: Locked Layer??

Post by synthsin75 »

The red dot just means the layer is optimized for swf export. It has nothing to do with the layer being locked or anything.

If you are using Ctrl+C to copy try using the edit menu command instead. Might be that it's not registering what you're copying.
Little Yamori

Re: Locked Layer??

Post by Little Yamori »

Thanks,

I actually was using the edit drop down, but no luck. Maybe it was just a glitch, I'll try closing out and restarting. In the mean time I just duplicated the layer I was trying to paste from, and removed everything I didn't need, leaving the desired points that I tried pasting.

Thanks,

LY