In Anime Studio Pro 10, how to turn a hand on the watch ?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hayasidist

Re: In Anime Studio Pro 10, how to turn a hand on the watch

Post by hayasidist »

@Freddy - yeah -- this is coming along... it's always good to see progress. Myabe you might like to try the gradient on the tail rotor the other way round - transparent at the edge and fill at the centre - have a look at that and see what you think. And you've picked up on a few ideas from slowtiger's helicopter too..

the "hub" at the centre -- on the seaplane I did this was a shape with "reflected" gradient fill --- a thin light area in the centre and the hub colour on the outsides. The shape itself didn't move - but I animated the fill control handle to move the light area slightly; and the hub shape is in the same layer as the blades and the discs so it is switched at the same rate as the blades.
freddy9638

Post by freddy9638 »

Hello Hayasidist,

Thanks for your comments and advice on my silly movie of a helicopter.
------------------------------------------
Actually, I would like to exercise a combination of solid and blur on rotation of propeller that maybe increase expectedly a little bit of realistic atmosphere on a cartoon movie.
The reckless my challenge is now just beginning :-)
Please advise me continuously.
-----------------------------------------

-Take-off tryout-
I have been visiting your site repeatedly to observe your seaplane since July when I purchased ASP10.

Your movie on youtube "Take-off tryout" is relatively a short movie that runs 22 seconds over through approach run to a takeoff, but the rotation of your seaplane is always my model-movie that contains many of technical elements related to flying objects. I love this movie so much!

-----------------------------------------
I also love your other movies as same reason as above.

- Christmas 2013
- Little Boy Blew
- baa baa black sheep
- Naked White Silence
- we've been busy

They are very fun to watch as a viewpoints of an ASP user. Thanks :-)
-----------------------------

I always appreciate your comments on this topic.

Sincerely,
- Freddy
freddy9638

Post by freddy9638 »

Hello Hayasidist,

I quoted below from your last post.
"The "hub" at the centre.."

yes, actually I did it on the my rotated propeller of helicopter though it's hardly recognizable.

"The shape itself didn't move - but I animated the fill control handle to move the light area slightly.."

But I did not intend to animate it by moving direction of the control handle for the gradient center. After all, I realized that's a superb idea, moving control handle and assigned within the switch layer of the blades. I believe that it would definitely be more effective when the hub and propeller together were closeuped of maximum.

Step by step, I would like to exercize your very detailed method regarding propeller turn that was posted up to now.

I always appreciate your kindness.

Sincerely,
- Freddy
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

thanks for your kind words about my films!

If you need more discussion about "rotations" please just ask in this thread; but if you feel you've got enough of the basics and want to try some new aspect of animation just start a new topic - and I and/or some of the very talented and helpful people here wil be happy to help out. (IMO this is the most pleasant and positive-attitude public forum I've ever seen..)
freddy9638

Post by freddy9638 »

Hello everybody,

This is the first time that I participate in this forum.
It was supported in superior members and was able to learn most very happily.
This sentence is my deep gratitude and generalization for this thread.

This thread began with "the turn of the hand on the watch" and gradually developed into "the turn of the propeller" secondarily.
I learned an epoch-making method of the "turn of the hand on the watch" by Hayasidist and Heyvern, and became able to see clear instructions by Maestral.
"The utilization method of the switch layer" by Hayasidist provided very detailed data in "the turn of the propeller" that gradually progressed as a second topic. Luckily I learned here "the basics of layer turn."
Also, importantly, I learned the essence of the comics-like effect on a helicopter by advice of Slowtiger.
I thanks Hayasidist, Heyvern, Maestral, Slowtiger, jahnocli and RichardC for your comment. And, simultaneously, I appreciate many forum members visiting this thread.

Lastly, I must thank Hayasidist for his encouragement.

Sincerely,
- Freddy