Genete's scripts

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Genete

Post by Genete »

heyvern wrote:This is cool!

I've always wanted a bone translation limit... this might be a possible alternative!

p.s. Genete, where have all the scripters gone? Are we the only ones left? ;)

-vern
He he, YOU are The Last of the Mohicans!!!.
I'm being lately a little apart of Anime Studio scripting because I'm so excited on Synfig's development. Anyway I still helping in the forum (when you don't reply first!!!) and making some scripts when I found it interesting and useful.

But hey! you have all my support!! :wink:
Although I'm lost with your latest colorized bones thing, fell free to ask for my help if you (I doubt) need it!!!

Best
-G
yken

Post by yken »

Genete

Post by Genete »

Try it again. I've just tested the link what you have posted and works fine.
Ask here if need more info about how to use it.
-G
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Woooooohooooooo!

Working on A REAL ANIMATION JOB!

I needed a door to open. I didn't want to go to all that hassle of animating a silly door by hand ;).

I USED YOUR 3D SCRIPT! (well, I had a little to do with it.)

So cool. It had been a while since I used it. Works like a charm.

-vern
Genete

Post by Genete »

Good luck! Please, if you can, show us your work :)
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

here's something I did last year, sorry I forgot to show you. It's work too.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zlj9wvj3yz9
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Not the real door I used. I made this one for public display. ;)

http://www.lowrestv.com/anime_studio/misc/3d_door.swf

I couldn't get shape ordering to work properly. The front of the door kept coveriing the door knob. I may have set it up wrong. Doesn't matter since I don't need it to open very far.

--------

Genete, I just discovered something or maybe you already know this. Since all the points are bound to bones you can move the parent bone, the big main bone way off to the side so you don't see it while animating. The rotation stays the same with the rotating bones.

As a side effect I noticed another cool thing. If you turn on onion skin on any frame and then translate that root parent bone on frame 0 the object rotates around in all the axes at the same time.

I wonder if this would be easier to use than the two rotating master bones? Have another bone that controls the position of the parent bone just on frame 0.

-vern
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I really really really wish that image texture fill effect distortion worked with point binding. That would be COOOL as heck. You could have images on the shapes to cut down on points and the number of bones.

I may have to look at the scripting reference sometime about image manipulation. Specifically warping based on just 4 corners. If you could do that within the script... that would be great.

Maybe the script itself could be "linked" to the rotation of an image layer. The 3D info is there... maybe it could transform a layer instead of points.

-vern
negroclarito

How can I embed a file . lua in a vector layer?

Post by negroclarito »

How can I embed a file . lua in a vector layer?

There are several scripts that put it in the instructions "to embed into a layer", but do not really know how and does. For example the freezer

Forgive my ignorance and my bad English.

Thanks
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: How can I embed a file . lua in a vector layer?

Post by Víctor Paredes »

negroclarito wrote:How can I embed a file . lua in a vector layer?

There are several scripts that put it in the instructions "to embed into a layer", but do not really know how and does. For example the freezer
Double click on the layer to open layer proprieties, then click where it says "embedded script file".

PD: It's for Pro. I don't know if on Debut version you can embed a script.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel