HeyVern's scripts and tools - (focus on bones)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Lua is built in to AS. You have the same version as everyone else. In fact the version of lua has not changed since Moho so it isn't that. If there is anyway to post the file you are trying to "flip" the points I can better track down where the problem is occurring.

I've used the "flip bound points" script extensively for several recent very complex character rigs without any problems EXCEPT when i neglected to rename the opposite bones or named them incorrectly. Sometimes I would make a mistake and be just as confused as you are. That is why I would like to see the file.

-vern
Micah Jank

Post by Micah Jank »

Ah wow....vern Thanks a million! I have such a hard time rigging my characters these scripts should help a lot!
As a composer, he has no future...
-Beethoven's Music Instructor
BrotherAnimations

Post by BrotherAnimations »

How do you work all this, as in install? do i use the notepad? then what?
Help?
Im a noob, dont yell if I mess up please.
I have had anime studio for a year so far.
Now I have finnaly started to make an anime!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

The only thing you have to do is put the script in the right place.

In the Anime Studio directory is a folder called "scripts". Inside this depending on the version you have would be two or three folders:

utilities (pro and standard)
tools (pro and standard)
menu (pro only)

For tool type scripts like the flip bound points or copy flip bones, they should go in either the scripts/menu folder (pro only) or if you have standard they can go in the scripts/tools folder and the _tool_list.txt file edited to add the name of the tool script as a button:

Code: Select all

button	hv_copyflipbones   ...
For the layer type script there is a check box in the layer properies "Embeded script file". These types of scripts are much different than the others. They can effect specific items on a layer on each frame. Most scripts indicate what type they are. I also describe how these scripts should be used in the description for each script.

-vern
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

Hey Vern,

I've been making good use of your fantastic bone scripts for renaming, copying and flipping rigs. They save loads of work! I like them so much I created icons for some of them. Here they are:

Image hv_copybones

Image hv_copyflipbones (I also use this for hv_flip_points_h)

Image hv_bonerenamer (I know it uses a word, so it's not strictly an icon - but what the hell?)

There is just one thing about all the scripts that I don't understand. Clicking on the tool icon calls up the requester, as expected, for each of the functions, but once the button has been clicked (eg. "OK") it carries out the function (eg. renaming bones) then the requester reappears. This confused me at first as I didn't know whether it had done its work, and resulted in lots of bones with double extensions (arm1_right_right). So now I cancel the 2nd appearance of the requester.

However, after dismissing the 2nd requester, Anime Studio doesn't react to the next mouse click on the interface, so I have to click a 2nd time to bring it back to life. Is this behaviour peculiar to my system, or is it a bug in the scripts?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

This is an odd behavior of the program. I don't know why it happens. It does not happen if the "buttons" are installed as "menu scripts". I don't know why the other buttons don't do the same thing. I am almost sure it is a mistake I made in the code somewhere I've just never been able to track it down.

I LOVE those icons by the way! Thanks for that they look great.

p.s. AS 6 can copy/paste bones... however it can't "scale" them when duplicating. So I think my script is still useful.

-vern
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Updated the Save and Load bone animation scripts on the first page of this topic.

Biggest improvement is saving key interpolation. Plus some other fixes for v7.

-vern
hothead

Post by hothead »

Copy and Flip Bones menu script and Rename Bones menu script not working in asp7 only select bone
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

Hey Vern!

Haven't talked in a while, no? Anyway I've got a little bit of a problem: I'm using ASPro 6 and I'm having trouble using the copy/flip bones script. It doesn't work and the error message I'm getting is "193:attempt to index local 'parentbone'(a nil value)"

I realize that AS6 copies and pastes bones but it doesn't flip them and I need to flip bones for what I'm doing. -Do you have an update to the script which will work on ASPro 6?

Thanks,

S
Imago

Post by Imago »

Copy & Paste Bones still not work for me too...
It give me this error:
"lua:193:attempt to index local 'parent bone' (a nil value)"

I'm crying... :cry:
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
gravly

Post by gravly »

Hi Vern

Thanks for all these great scripts and keeping them organised and up to date.

Unfortunately for me I haven't been able to get any of them to work of the three I've tried so far. I'm using ASP 6.2 on Linux.

hv_copybones and hv_copyflipbones both produce the same lua console errors: [script filepath]:attempt to call a table value.

Save bones crashes ASP.

I've tried this on frame zero and other frames and I've tried with my own anme file as well as the ASP 6 start up file.

Any suggestions?
gilbertconcepcion

Is this working on AS 7?

Post by gilbertconcepcion »

Is this working in AS 7 Pro. I tried using this script but some of the animation cannot be loaded. I can't figure out what's the problem. Please help.
anime studio for games....
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

'copy/flip bones with rename' was a great set of scripts! Too bad it isn't working above AS7. It worked even better than the built-in ability of AS7 to copy and paste a bone!
amanandink

Load Animation Script

Post by amanandink »

Hi Vern

Love the Load/Save Animation scripts, but do you think there is a way to modify the Load Animation Script to load the animation to the current frame location on the timeline as frame 1 from the save animation, rather than just loading it in to the exact frames it was save from?

thanks
J
jahnocli

Re: Load Animation Script

Post by jahnocli »

amanandink wrote:Hi Vern

Love the Load/Save Animation scripts, but do you think there is a way to modify the Load Animation Script to load the animation to the current frame location on the timeline as frame 1 from the save animation, rather than just loading it in to the exact frames it was save from?

thanks
J
Vern hasn't been on this forum for over a year -- maybe two.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?