IMPORTING 5.4 OBJECT FILES IN 4.6 VERSION

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CHIO

IMPORTING 5.4 OBJECT FILES IN 4.6 VERSION

Post by CHIO »

Hi:

I need if there is any way to import 5.4 object in file 4.6 version?
I am working in a project using 5.4 version, and my client don´t use the 5.4 version, use the 4.6 version. I think one way to resolve this is create one script to make that.

Thank if somebody can think somethink.

Regards,

Carlos.
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

Why don't you using 4.6 then? I can't help you because I am using Moho since 5.3. What is the difference (outside of the new features, of course) between the two formats?
- - - Fazek
DK

Post by DK »

You may need to convert your file with the Moho file updater. This app was included in early versions of Moho. I would put up a link to it but i don't know if i have permission to do this. Maybe if you email Mike with a request - support@lostmarble.com

Cheers
D.K
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

No, you can't import a newer file into an old version of Moho. You can open 4.6 files with Moho 5.4, but not the other way around.
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

I know many file formats because I wrote codecs for them, like DV, SWF, AVI... Usually the file formats are containing some internal mechanism to be forward AND backward compatible. That means the program can recognise and skip the features of the future file versions. Maybe such a thing could be useful in Anime Studio too... And this way later you will be able to include user-managed parts as well - additional animated channels, Lua scripts etc. in the files.

By the way, are the file formats compatible in the basic and pro versions?
- - - Fazek
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Fazek wrote:By the way, are the file formats compatible in the basic and pro versions?
Yes.