Please send suggestions for my scriptwriting

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Touched

Post by Touched »

I'm using Fazek's magnet tool, and I've found that sometimes I accidentally create additional points when using it if I don't take care not to click too close to any edges when I use it. Reading over the earlier parts of this thread, the point creation is an intentional design feature. This causes messed up results when I accidentally do it in the middle of an animation. Is there any way to disable point creation when clicking on an edge?
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

I don't want to modify my tool because of this, but you can modify row 148 in the fa_magnet.lua file:

Code: Select all

if (cveID >= 0) then
to:

Code: Select all

if (cveID >= 0 and not mouseEvent.ctrlKey) then
With the ctrl button you can disable the point creation feature.
- - - Fazek
Touched

Post by Touched »

Perfect, thank you Fazek.
tinnycan

Post by tinnycan »

I'd like a "link layer transormations/rotations" script, but they layers could be anywhere in the hierchy.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

Fazek wrote:Now I added the usual group menu. I also updated the group menu part in all of the other tools so please, if upgrade, replace these and even the utility/fa_sharedutils.lua file.

ADDED - Replace Line tool: and I added a freehand tool style line width handling, and an individual point selection/translation function.
Where is the download link?

Never mind, i found it, but was not easy. Maybe could be a good idea to have some sticky post with the download urls of all nice scripts.
----------------------------------
Im a software developer, my apps:
Mp3Doctor
SuperMp3Normalizer
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

maybe, if it wasnt easy, it would be helpful for you to post the link you found!
:wink:
Neoranma

Post by Neoranma »

Just an FYI. I think I got stuck in an infinite loop using the paint bucket tool. I had some overlapping shapes, and it tried to use them and I think was trying to then fill an open ended curve/curves. Let it run for half an hour, at 100%cpu and memory was increasing.
I would send a screen shot, but I did not save. ack. 4 hours of work lost. So I guess, remember to save often.
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

Is it possible to rewrite the line width tool to be more like fa_translate in how it handles selections? I'd like to be able to select the same way as FA_translate_points, but instead of moving them, to widen/thin them instead....
Thanks
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hi,

I've read a lot about Fazek's drawing tools? Can't seem to pinpoint it with a search, and I've trolled a bit on the forums.

Any idea where the latest build is for the improved drawing script?

Thanks
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

You're so close!

The link is in the first post in this very topic. Just click page 1.

-vern
Genete

Post by Genete »

In the first post of this thread:

http://www.firkafilm.com/moho/index.html

Damm! Vern was quicker again!
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

Hey Vern!

I'm just wondering about something since I don't know diddly about writing scripts and such: I liked some of Fazek's tools, in particular his rotation tool since you could place the fulcrum of the rotation anywhere you want. Is there any plan to upgrade Fazek's tools for the new lua code that is available with AS 6?

Thanks,

S
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Working on them right now as a matter of fact.

So far some of them work fine without any modifications. I am having a teeny tiny issue with his "Create Shape" tool. I can not get it to create a shape by pressing space. I think there may have been some change internally to AS 6.

In 5.6 pressing space to "play" only worked on frames past 0. Now pressing space to play works on any frame. Unfortunately for some odd reason Fazek's create shape tool will only activate "play" in the timeline when pressing space. It will not create a shape. I have no clue why this is other than the fact it isn't the "default" create shape tool. I have yet to test that.

I hope there is something in there I'm missing, but there is very little difference in the code for the LM and FA tool. Worst comes to worst I just have to leave that out.

-vern
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

...so you think I could successfully install the 'rotate' tool without any hitches?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

You are free to test out anything you want. I have not finished checking them all yet. To avoid problems I am testing one tool at a time so I don't cause a bunch of confusing unrelated problems to track down.

The fa_sharedutils.lua works okay as far as I can tell. No errors when it is installed.

-vern