Scripting Idea (maybe exists already) Select all layers with animation on it

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JoelMayer

Scripting Idea (maybe exists already) Select all layers with animation on it

Post by JoelMayer »

Hi there!

When animating more complex characters with a lot of sub-layers and you plan to do bone animation and then even some more detailed vector animation, it can get confusing pretty quickly.

Sometimes i don't remember what layers i already animated and have to look through the whole thing to find them again. So a relatively easy (?) fix could be, if there was a button to just select ALL layers that have keyframes on them. That way they'll all automatically show up on the timeline. Maybe there is something like this already but if not, if any talented scripters are looking for a project, there's your idea :)

Thanks!
Lukas

Re: Scripting Idea (maybe exists already) Select all layers with animation on it

Post by Lukas »

Alexandra Evseva's tool AE_Keytools has buttons that do this what you're asking. (I've made some buttons to do it without having to leave your current tool, can share them later)

Also: LK_ToggleKeysFilter filters the layer panel by animated layers.
Greenlaw

Re: Scripting Idea (maybe exists already) Select all layers with animation on it

Post by Greenlaw »

JoelMayer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:29 pm Sometimes i don't remember what layers i already animated and have to look through the whole thing to find them again.
Different idea but somewhat related: I like to use Synthsin75's Layer Shortcuts to set up on-screen buttons to select layers that I know I'm going to do point animation in. The tool is available here...

https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=32641

I posted a video here showing how I use it in my characters: https://vimeo.com/channels/littlegreendog/331818695

Alternatively, you can use Stan's Layer Selection Buttons here: http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=33707

Layer Selection Buttons is a similar idea to Layer Shortcuts but with fixed buttons inside the Tool Options area.

The first tool is very customizable and the second tool is easier to setup. IMO, both/either are very useful tools for animating complex rigs in Moho.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

Thanks all of you for your feedback, sounds great. I realized i even have AE Key Tools installed but never used jt. it‘s a bit confusing at first glance, is there any documentation somewhere? I couldn‘t find any…
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Lukas wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:01 pmAlexandra Evseva's tool AE_Keytools has buttons that do this what you're asking. (I've made some buttons to do it without having to leave your current tool, can share them later)
I use these buttons a lot: The LK_ShowAnimChildren button only works if you've got AE_KeyTools installed too. It's just a shortcut button so you don't have to leave your current tool. LK_ClearTimeline clears all 'show on timeline' checks in the Layers panel.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Lukas wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:43 am I use these buttons a lot: The LK_ShowAnimChildren button only works if you've got AE_KeyTools installed too. It's just a shortcut button so you don't have to leave your current tool. LK_ClearTimeline clears all 'show on timeline' checks in the Layers panel.
Oh I love this. Thank you Lukas.