*UPDATED 3/1/19* Layer Shortcuts tool

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: *UPDATED 3/1/19* Layer Shortcuts tool

Post by Greenlaw » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:14 pm

Hi Wes,

I took another look at this early test file and, even though Layer Shortcuts is working fine where I really need it now, it still has a problem with this particular project file:

eyeTest_02.moho

What happens: when I have Scope set to Local, select a nested layer, and then create a button for the layer, the Layer Shortcuts layer is always created outside of the Top group.

Personally, I think this project file is somehow messed up, and it's not Layer Shortcuts that's misbehaving. For any other project file, new and old, Layer Shortcuts seems to be working correctly for me.

It's nothing critical but I thought you might want to look at it.
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog | Little Green Dog Channel on Vimeo | Greenlaw's Demo Reel 2019 Edtion
Lead Digital Animator, Dreamworks Animation

synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:40 am

Ran out of time tonight to look into it. Might have to wait for the weekend.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:45 am

No worries. I don't think I've seen this happen in other projects so it may be a fluke.

Whenever you have the time, let me know what you learn. Thanks!
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog | Little Green Dog Channel on Vimeo | Greenlaw's Demo Reel 2019 Edtion

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:06 am

Just a quick follow up for Layer Shortcuts users. I heard from Wes regarding the error I ran into with that project I uploaded, and he figured out what was going on. For some reason, Layer Shortcuts isn't able to set a Bones layer as the Top Group.

As time permits, He's looking into fixing this. Hopefully we'll see an update soon.

Until then you can avoid using Local and just move the folder manually.

Apart from that, Layer Shortcuts in Button mode seems to be working fine with my Moho Pro 13 character rigs.
D.R. Greenlaw