How much would it cost...

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jayfaker

How much would it cost...

Post by jayfaker »

How much would it cost to get someone to reverse-engineer the DS Camera to After Effects script found at http://animestudioscripts.com?

Seriously, I've wanted to do it myself, but I've realized I am no programmer. All I would want is to bake AE camera data, copy it to a text file, and then import it with a script. This script. Reversed. It would help me so much to be able to build my scenes in AE, render them out as videos, animate a character on top of the reference video in Moho (with an accurate camera), and then bring them back into AE for compositing. This would totally help my workflow, as well as many other motion designers, I think.

Please let me know. Thanks!
funksmaname

Re: How much would it cost...

Post by funksmaname »

Search the forums more deeply, I seem to remember there were AE import/export camera scripts around here many years ago - they may not work with 12 out of the box, but might be enough to get you on track.

edit:
googled it - viewtopic.php?t=18091
jayfaker

Re: How much would it cost...

Post by jayfaker »

Yeah, the one in that thread is the one I use. It exports the Moho camera data into a text file you can copy and paste into the After Effects camera. It's great. I love it. I use it all the time. I just want to be able to do the reverse - copy the AE camera data into Moho.