FBX import to UNity 5 issue regarding switch files

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ilovelessons

FBX import to UNity 5 issue regarding switch files

Post by ilovelessons »

Hi Good day ,

I am having exporting FBX files into unity. I has asked the forum a few months ago but no one had the answer so I was hoping by now some one found the answer. Below is a description of the issue -

1. I made blinking eyes (using switch layers) and attached it to a BONE on a characters head in MOHO 12 Pro
2. The eyes blink when the head is moving in the FBX preview mode.
3. However when I export the FBX file and import it to Unity 5.0 the eyes do not blink.

Anyone out there every had this problem? Anyone has any script to deal with this issue or any suggestions?

I will offer you my 8th born if you solve this issue :D

Thanks
synthsin75

Re: FBX import to UNity 5 issue regarding switch files

Post by synthsin75 »

Scripts do not have access to how things export.
ilovelessons

Post by ilovelessons »

synthsin75,

I remember when I was trying to solve this issue I came across a video that said if you were trying to import to unity I should use a script provided by Moho12 called "AnimeStudioFBXImporter.cs" which could be found in Moho 12 Pro under File -> Open Custom Folder -> Extra Files -> AnimeStudioFBXImporter.cs

I used the file script and it did help arrange everything in Unity better. However it did not solve the SWITCH layer attached to a Bone issue I mentioned earlier. I know this script doesn't actually change how Moho 12 Pro exports but it does help once the FBX reaches unity. I was wondering if there was such a script that could help the SWITCH layers play once it was in unity.

Any suggestions mate?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

You'd have to find someone who scripts for Unity. Considering the lack of response, I doubt anyone here does.
You might try a Unity forum.
ilovelessons

Post by ilovelessons »

synthsin75 ,

Thanks I'll try the unity forum again. At least I know what am asking for this time. Thanks mate.