Bone Groups ( Moho 12 )

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dkwroot

Bone Groups ( Moho 12 )

Post by dkwroot »

WHAT'S NEW?
I updated and improved bone groups for Moho 12. It will now remember your group names and reload them automatically. Everything has been improved for easier use.

HOW DOES IT WORK?
Simply click on the select bones tool and you will see some new options in the title bar. If you click in the text box, you can name a bone group and then click the create button to create that group. You can then toggle the visibility of all bones that have the .groupName in their name.

For example, if I create a bone and name it Headbone.FrontView , I could then create a group called FrontView and use the bone group drop down menu to toggle the visibility of all bones with .FrontView in their name.

If you wish to delete a group, just select or type the group name and press the delete button. This will delete the group, but not the bones.

DOWNLOAD: n/a
Last edited by dkwroot on Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Re: Bone Groups ( Moho 12 )

Post by synthsin75 »

Thanks, but it's not a good idea to use the lm script prefix. If you want to suppress the original tool, you can include a stub tool with the lm prefix that just keeps it irrelevant, so it never shows. That way the user can hide the original tool without digging in the installation files.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Is it conflicting with any other scripts?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Well, I would say that it may conflict with future versions of Moho, but now that that's in doubt, I guess it doesn't matter much. Although if everyone makes replacement tools using the lm prefix, that would be an issue.
chucky

Post by chucky »

This would be pretty useful for m , I do love all your mods .
I also do like to keep all the lm prefix's separate to new scripts, that way I never miss out on 'new Moho features' but still can use the cool user versions.

What Wes said basically...
chucky

Post by chucky »

This is a superb script, it works great on even old rigs, just by recognising words in the name, no need to change names and it has no effect to the file (as far as I can see) if the script is not loaded. I love it Dkwroot. :D

Tell you what I would also find very useful.... If you could toggle visibility by colour, like a 'colour group'... is that possible?
Here's a good example I have a chain of bones Head, Neck, Chest, Waist on a number of characters that I don't want to go renaming '.Spine' for all those bones and associated actions in every character.
However the bones are all blue , that's part of my colour code for all rigs ( actually planned with colour coding visibility in mind for possible future releases -I can dream.. :mrgreen: ) Other similar chains are in the limbs. These colour codes can be changed easily without effect smart actions.

What say you, dkwroot?
Would that be of any use to yourself?