develops the best tool for animation !!!!

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Athros

develops the best tool for animation !!!!

Post by Athros »

Hello friends
I'm animator of many softwares and now I'm working with Anime Studio and I love it, but ... There is a simple tool called tweenMachine found in Maya and 3D Max is a bomb !! the porfesionales animators use it a lot and I in particular is already essential !! : D

Here is a video to see how the tool works

[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEBrwwtbYIY
[/youtube]

It is simple and would be a great brings to the community: D ..
Who are challenged ?? come on guys !! : D
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: develops the best tool for animation !!!!

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I'm checking the video and I think it's a good idea, but have a question: wouldn't it be better if the script would modify the keyframe bezier handles instead of adding new keys?
Maybe there's something about that I'm missing.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Athros

Post by Athros »

Good question !! :D

You could accomplish what you say to some point but not completely.
The only way to have full control of the animation curve between two key is making a new key, plus it is easier for the creation of the script :mrgreen: .

I do not know why some animators are afraid to create many keys in your animations haha, they think the animation is better with less keys but it is not. It's not like the programming that the less code better.

Regards
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

It would be easy for a script to keyframe every so many frames, but any automated timing would be the same as using bezier interpolation on fewer keyframes. The only real reason to add keyframes is to adjust them individually...so you might as well add them yourself.
Athros

Post by Athros »

The goal of this script as shown in the video is to create key in-between.
Example :
You have a key A (frame 1) and key B (frame 10) .. with the script you can create a new key C in the frame 4 to 10% (A is 0% and B is 100%), this creates an effect of ease-out.

Otherwise it would be very difficult for the animator to do this.

So .. Can anyone help me? :roll:
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Bezier interpolation in Moho can easily do this.
Athros

Post by Athros »

so .. What would happen if you want to do this not only for a curve but for a whole pose of a character at the same time?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Then I think Victor's idea of having a script alter the bezier handles for all selected bones would be best.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Athros wrote:I do not know why some animators are afraid to create many keys in your animations haha, they think the animation is better with less keys but it is not. It's not like the programming that the less code better.
I think it's the user -and not the software- the one who should decide when to create a keyframe or not. It's not about being afraid of creating keyframes, but more about how clever the software or the script can be. In this case, what is being modified is the interpolation between two keys. The result is more important than the amount of keyframes it has behind. If the interpolation you are looking for can be made using only two keys, then I think it's cleaner that the script simply take advantage of the bezier handles. For that cases, the timeline will be easier to read and the animation easier to edit, which always an advantage, in my opinion.
If it's not possible to only use two keys for the animation you are looking for or you simply still want to have keyframes, then adding a new key should certainly be an option.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
ASP

Post by ASP »

Here's the best tool
Athros

Post by Athros »

Wow Excellent tool !!!

but this tool is more focused to edit animation curves

The tool I want and that to me is more essential is to create breakdown poses easily and quickly without having to edit curve by curve. The pose of a whole there are thousands of characters animation curves.
Here I leave a video of the same tool but this time in 3D Max

capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

I'm with Athros here :)

Actually, IMHO, tween machine is a very useful tool, used widely by 3D animators and I think it could be of good use for moho animators as well if someone would build that kind of script.

If you have a look at how the tween machine script for Maya works, for example, you will find that you can group parts of the rig on different sliders... for example body spine separate from arms, legs, head, body center...
And then, using the sliders you can adjust the amount of interpolation you want to happen in these different groups on each new breakdown pose that you lay down. (And then of course, as the next step, you go on to more manual refinement of the newly created breakdown!)

It's a fast way to work with overlapping actions in blocking stage.

https://www.creativecrash.com/system/ph ... 1251122193

Tween machine is a great time saver when working with complex rigs, especially if you like to animate in a pose to pose-style and are used to working with detailed blocking in stepped mode (key poses and BD:s) before switching over to smooth mode/beziers (or "splines" as you call it in Maya, for those who want to google around and read more about it).

I think this could be a valuable addition if someone would put their time and effort into it. Just saying. :-)

cheers
Last edited by capricorn33 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
capricorn ( - just call me "cap")
children's tv pro, character animator
Athros

Post by Athros »

capricorn33 wrote:I'm with Athros here :)

Actually, IMHO, tween machine is a very useful tool, used widely by 3D animators and I think it could be of good use for moho animators as well if someone would build that kind of script.

If you have a look at how the tween machine script for Maya works, for example, you will find that you can group parts of the rig on different sliders... for example body spine separate from arms, legs, head, body center...
And then, using the sliders you can adjust the amount of interpolation you want to happen in these different groups on each new breakdown pose that you lay down. (And then of course, as the next step, you go on to more manual refinement of the newly created breakdown!)

It's a fast way to work with overlapping actions in blocking stage.

https://www.creativecrash.com/system/ph ... 1251122193

Tween machine is a great time saver when working with complex rigs, especially if you like to animate in a pose to pose-style and are used to working with detailed blocking in stepped mode (key poses and BD:s) before switching over to smooth mode (or "splines" as you call it in Maya, for those who want to google around and read more about it).

I think this could be a valuable addition if someone would put their time and effort into it. Just saying. :-)

cheers

thank you very much !!! :D :D :D
So, Who will do it? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: