Script for lip sync I'm working on

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

strider2000

Re: Script for lip sync I'm working on

Post by strider2000 »

Yeah. Just double checked. Cancel works fine for me. Make sure you have the latest, lipsync3 (link above). Most full blown GUI toolkits allow you to set focus, but I don't know how. If I do figure it out I'll make an update.
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

Just reloaded the latest version 3 and here are some specifics for the result.

I open the dialog box. Type something into Text String and hit cancel. It cancels.

I open the dialog box, type something into Text String and hit OK, it executes as desired. Then I open the dialog box again. Text String is already populated with my previous input. I hit cancel, but it executes again.

Please know I am not complaining. (In fact, if you PM me your email address I'll send you a small token of my appreciation for your contribution to this community.) But I thought you might want to know what's happening.

Cheers,

Richard
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

RichardU wrote:I open the dialog box, type something into Text String and hit OK, it executes as desired. Then I open the dialog box again. Text String is already populated with my previous input. I hit cancel, but it executes again.
Thanks for the information. Just made a note. I'll check into that when I have a chance.
RichardU wrote:But I thought you might want to know what's happening.
Definitely. I'd love to fix everything instantly, but I'm still learning the API, only have a few hours here and there, and split that with trying to learn how to create characters and animate :) Thanks for the feedback :)
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

I just purchased the farm puppets pack. If you use my lip sync program here the settings I use for the mouth bone.

Code: Select all

Puppet 1
Mouth
AI 60
E 140
L 90
etc 40
FV 40
MBP 40
rest 40
O 110
U 110
WQ 110
I'll probably make some more key frames for the other mouth shapes, for myself, but out of the box that's the settings I use. Just add them to the others in lipsync.txt. As a reminder, when using bone controlled lip sync it's a good idea to use step interpolation, because the bones move the mouth through unrelated mouth positions to get from one to another.
anthonytsb5

Post by anthonytsb5 »

strider2000 wrote: I had written a script that located the maxima and minima of the audio. It even had tolerance controls, to help identify local maxima and minima.
Could you elaborate on how you did this please?
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

The script itself is non-trivial, but with regard to the amplitude, I just used the GetAmplitude call
http://mohoscripting.com/index.php?show ... ude&id=589
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Just to let people know. The script is no longer available on the mediafire site. Instead, it's available on my sellfy site
https://sellfy.com/p/r3ts/

That's one of a few items that people can purchase at the sellfy site.
https://sellfy.com/strider2000
anthonytsb5

Post by anthonytsb5 »

strider2000 wrote:The script itself is non-trivial, but with regard to the amplitude, I just used the GetAmplitude call
http://mohoscripting.com/index.php?show ... ude&id=589
Thanks, strider2000. I'll check out the wares you have for sale, too :)