load/save bone animation script

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rrahh

load/save bone animation script

Post by rrahh »

Hey there!

I use the hv load / save bone animation script a lot in my projects. I have tons of walk cycles that i reuse very often.
Since ASP11 the script loads the animation like it used to do. But it somehow lost the ability to save them.
The dialog box pops up just fine, but it seems to have lost connection to the finder.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: load/save bone animation script

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I can't help with the script, but since version 10 you can simply copy and paste keyframes from one layer to another. If they share the same structure and bone naming, everything works nicely.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
rrahh

Post by rrahh »

Cool! I didn´t know.

Thank you selgin.
tinnycan

Post by tinnycan »

I need a load/save bone animation script too. Is there anything out there that works for Moho 12?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I don't think anything exists but, as Victor mentioned, it's pretty easy to just open the file with the motion you need and copy paste to the file where you need the motion. I think this is why the old script was never updated.

If the motion is something you will need to insert multiple times, I would put it in the character Regular Actions. If you do this in the master file, you'll have the motions ready when you import the character. (Unfortunately, I don't think the added Actions carry over to an already imported Reference rig. For already imported rigs, I believe you'll need to copy the keys from from tab to tab.)
tinnycan

Post by tinnycan »

Oh well. Thanks for the reply!