CONTROL BONES FROM PARENT LAYER (FINISHED)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

RichardU

Re: A BONE CONTROL SCRIPT (FINISHED)

Post by RichardU »

Once you name the master and slave bones the same, it seems you can no longer directly manipulate the slave bone. So, for example, if I am creating a slave smartbone, I need to rename the master bone temporarily so I can move the slave bone while setting the smartbone points.

Is everyone else experiencing this?
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

I'm also running into angle problems. I don't have any of the master or slave bones parented, but on my slave layer a bone that goes up has a rotation of 0 and on the master layer, a bone that goes up has a rotation of 180. Is there a way to change that?
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

RichardU wrote:Once you name the master and slave bones the same, it seems you can no longer directly manipulate the slave bone. So, for example, if I am creating a slave smartbone, I need to rename the master bone temporarily so I can move the slave bone while setting the smartbone points.

Is everyone else experiencing this?

This isn't a bug, it's a feature. The child bone layer gets angle information from the parent bone layer, so you can't move the child bone while it's in this state. You'll have to rename the bone temporarily or disable the script to do smartbone activity. It's just how the script works.

RichardU wrote:I'm also running into angle problems. I don't have any of the master or slave bones parented, but on my slave layer a bone that goes up has a rotation of 0 and on the master layer, a bone that goes up has a rotation of 180. Is there a way to change that?

If you want the angle of the parent/child bones to match, you have to set them to the same angle on frame 0. My script only transfers angle change between the layers, not exact angle data. If you want to do bone parenting, you have a do it a certain way.

RichardU

Re: CONTROL BONES FROM PARENT LAYER (FINISHED)

Post by RichardU »

Thanks for the explanation. I sort of had the sense that ASP used relative vs. actual bone angles. It's unfortunate that bones are unable to control layers that are in sub-groups, or I could just put all my bones in the master layer and not need a workaround. Thanks for all your work.