UI Plug-in

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

The80sKickAss

UI Plug-in

Post by The80sKickAss »

OK, so I know you can make Tool scripts and menu scripts but can you use Lua to make a UI component? As in an actual plug-in with it's own set of parameters and functionality; like something you would see in something like After Effects.
Breinmeester

Re: UI Plug-in

Post by Breinmeester »

If Moho was accessable in a non-modal window, users could script their own floating windows with functionality, much like the Actions or Styles window. Alas, it is not....
videodv

Post by videodv »

Breinmeester wrote:If Moho was accessable in a non-modal window, users could script their own floating windows with functionality, much like the Actions or Styles window. Alas, it is not....
You would have to use wxLua for this, I have done a simple test and it worked fine but only in 32bit.

Regards
Chris.
Breinmeester

Post by Breinmeester »

Wow, sounds good! Can u share your findings and knowledge?
videodv

Post by videodv »

You can find my simple test example in this link,
http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animato ... erms=wxlua

If you wish to try download this zip http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66269094/wx.7z you will have all you need to test out .

Remember this works on windows, And Anime Studio 32bit only.

Regards
Chris.
Breinmeester

Post by Breinmeester »

Thanks! That looks great!! I hope to play around with this as soon as i have time.
Breinmeester

Post by Breinmeester »

Ive tried out your example file. It's a little too slow for me. Also, it's a window outside of the programme. I don't think it's an appropriate solution for the fact that Moho isn't passed to a non-modal window. Make it happen lost Marble!
videodv

Post by videodv »

Breinmeester wrote:I don't think it's an appropriate solution for the fact that Moho isn't passed to a non-modal window. Make it happen lost Marble!
Could'nt agree more lets hope it is not to far off.

Regards
Chris.