Master, slave layers

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dueyftw

Master, slave layers

Post by dueyftw »

I need a tool that will duplicate layer changes.

I thinking that if say I had a layer that was named "eyes" that a tool could make the changes to all layers named "_eyes"

Click on the tool at layers zero and it would ask; Change all layers or Change only sub layers.

The tool would just take the "eyes" layer and replace "_eyes" layers. On all the layers or just the sup layers.

I finding that I'm making changes and spending way too much time updating characters that are in switch layers.

Dale
Imago

Re: Master, slave layers

Post by Imago »

dueyftw wrote:I need a tool that will duplicate layer changes.

I thinking that if say I had a layer that was named "eyes" that a tool could make the changes to all layers named "_eyes"

Click on the tool at layers zero and it would ask; Change all layers or Change only sub layers.

The tool would just take the "eyes" layer and replace "_eyes" layers. On all the layers or just the sup layers.

I finding that I'm making changes and spending way too much time updating characters that are in switch layers.

Dale
You can't simply cut/paste the modified layer replacing the old ones?
I don't know how you build your chars, but a tool like the one you requested will be useful only if there are 20 or more "eye layers"!
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

A character has a switch layer for each body position. Sitting, standing, bent over and waving, etc.

I have about 8 eyes and 8 mouths, so that 16. And every time I change one, I need to go and update the others.

A real pain to go into the switch layer and change them, when they are all the same.

Dale
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Didn't heyVern do something with master/slave layers a while back? You could try searching through his contributions...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?