Help please: moho a nil value?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Breinmeester

Help please: moho a nil value?

Post by Breinmeester »

I get the error message:

Code: Select all

attempt to index local 'moho' (a nil value)
when i try to call moho.layer in HandleMessage(msg) or other sub functions. Since this is pretty fundamental stuff I'm guessing I'm doing something fundamentally wrong. Can someone please explain?
hayasidist

Re: Help please: moho a nil value?

Post by hayasidist »

If you're not in the main dialogue message handler (which is what it looks like) then you'll NOT have access to "core" data such as moho and view...

see http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animato ... IC_ID=1375 for more about access to "moho" and "view" in pop-up menu routines (but you'll need a few more posts in the other place before you can get at the VIP section)

if you are in the main handler then the function needs to be:
function xxxx:HandleMessage(moho, view, msg) not HandleMessage(msg)
Breinmeester

Post by Breinmeester »

Hey thanks for that!

Could you please copy and paste or describe what's written on the other forum on this subject matter? I could realy use the info.

I wasn't an active member here when that forum was created, so maybe there's a reason for all the secrecy, but i just don't get why a moho community has to be so closed off. I'm very willing to particpate over there and share my scripts, but how can i participate if i dont have access? Do i really have to write 50 posts about random stuff first to prove myself??? :roll:
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

I can't really comment on the AF "50 post" policy other than to say that it's a manual not automatic decision... take a look at some of the discussion on that subject over there.

Since the "can't get at moho" post was mine, I don't have a problem giving you the gist of the answer - which was (as you've seen) "you can't - and there's no real DIRECT work-around..."

And, since you've posted the same q over there, I'll give you the "how I work round this" over there too... :D
Breinmeester

Post by Breinmeester »

I've tried this:

dv_MainScriptPopUp:HandleMessage(msg)
if (msg == self.CLICKBUTTON) then
  dv_OtherScript:Run(moho)
end
But if dv_OtherScript tries to access moho it returns the same error:

attempt to index local 'moho' (a nil value)
Even though it works fine when you run it from the scripts menu.

This basicly means a modeless window is utterly useless. Someone at LostMarble/SmithMicro, please make it so moho is passed in a modeless dialog window.