Absolute Bone Locking

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

jaakay wrote:Could someone please tell me how to install this script. For those of us that are not programmers or familiar with scripting, installation instructions are always helpful.
I made a video to explain more about scripts: How to install scripts in Anime Studio Pro
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

hey Janet, you embed this script same way as MorphDials - only thing is that you then can't use both at the same time...

You might be interested in this old thread about merging scripts - Rudiger created a menu script to do it and then you embed that instead of one or other but sometimes it works or doesnt depending on which script you selected first when merging, and even then - you're merging scripts! so expect it not to work 100% of the time :)

viewtopic.php?t=17183&highlight=merge
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

I must be missing something.

If I don't parent the heel(?) to the shin, the foot can't be moved with a center-of-gravity bone. In other words, it's completely detached.

If I do parent the heel to the shin and use the script, the whole rig behaves the same way a normal lock bone would work.

I'd *like* to be able to move the whole rig and have the foot become detached/locked. But again, I'm clearly missing something.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

as i understand it there is no, and shouldn't be, a connection between the shin and anything below it - but I think the foot bone should be parented to the foot control bone... the script will maintain the link to their origins with the shin - but there is no 'real' link between the two
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

hmmm. Not having any luck with this. Does anybody have an example showing the setup?