Absolute Bone Locking

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ponysmasher

Absolute Bone Locking

Post by ponysmasher »

jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Thanks pony, will have a go at this one today.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Another winning script! Thanks.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Works allot like capricorn33 script, except that the foot position is driven by the IK of the leg, sweet stuff!
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

GCharb wrote:Works allot like capricorn33 script, except that the foot position is driven by the IK of the leg, sweet stuff!
Yeah, I've tried that script (after watching one of your videos I think) but I didn't like that you couldn't control the foot by moving the leg. so I wrote this instead. It's just a personal preference, nothing wrong with the capricorn33 script.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

that's great man as always :)
regarding the 'with angle' - could you make the locking bone offset by 180degs in the script so that they can face away from eachother? just a thought... :)

btw pony, it's getting to that time where you should start putting all your scripts in a single thread - as no doubt i'll forget about the existance of just the ones i need that I didn't install right away! ... pleeeeease
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

funksmaname wrote:that's great man as always :)
regarding the 'with angle' - could you make the locking bone offset by 180degs in the script so that they can face away from eachother? just a thought... :)
I sure can. The download link is updated and now contains an extra file, AbsoluteBoneLockWithAngle180.lua.
funksmaname wrote: btw pony, it's getting to that time where you should start putting all your scripts in a single thread - as no doubt i'll forget about the existance of just the ones i need that I didn't install right away! ... pleeeeease
Well, you can always find my scripts here: http://animestudioscripts.com
This link will list all scripts by me: http://animestudioscripts.com/scripts.p ... =dauid.com
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Well, his scripts are already in one place -- Anime Studio Scripts.. It's just not on this forum.

Edit: oops -- double posting. Sorry about that...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Will this script work on ASP 7?
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

sbtamu wrote:Will this script work on ASP 7?
Yes.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

fair point :)
DocZagreus

Post by DocZagreus »

I'm sorry but I'm a newbie and I can0t understand how to use this great script... I'm using ASP 8 and I watched the youtube video 4 times, but I think I0m missing something. How is it possible, if the bone of the foot is not connected to the leg, that it moves when the leg is manipulated?
I don't understand.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

once the embed script is added to the vector layer (are you using debut? I'm not sure if this can be done in debut!) - the link is created by the X.parentY and X.childY naming of the bones you want to connect, so although it appears there's no standard connection in AS, they ARE connected by the naming and the embed script calculates the positions.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Works great, thanks so much :)
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Could someone please tell me how to install this script. For those of us that are not programmers or familiar with scripting, installation instructions are always helpful.

Thanks.