New Script to work with Morph Dials:Dat to Morph Dials

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Dodgy

New Script to work with Morph Dials:Dat to Morph Dials

Post by Dodgy »

Hiya,

I've uploaded a new script to my web site which allows the user to apply a Papagayo .dat file to a selected bone setup to use phonemes in the awesome Morph Dials rather than switch layers.

To use:
Set up a group of bones each named with the phonemes in Papagayo (AI, E, MBP etc), and one central bone which is named after all of them with semi colons separating them (AI;E;MBP...), as you do for morph dials.
Select this 'blend' bone and run the menu script MG_Dat_To_Morph_Dials.
This will prompt you for a Papagayo .dat file which you have previously exported from the Export Voice button of Papagayo.
The script will then wipe any previous motion animation from that bone, and then key the bone to move to each phoneme bone in turn according to the file.
This way you can use Morph Dials instead of switch layers for your lip synching.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Dunno why you got no response... thanks for this script! and the others... :)
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

Thanks, just trying to give back to the community!
RapidHunter

Post by RapidHunter »

Thank you for the script, it's very useful!

I wonder if there's a way to use Anime Studio's lip-sync mechanism instead of external dat file. May be there's a way to export a switch data file from Anime Studio and then import it again with your script? Or just load an audio file directly into your script so that it would do the lip-sync right there?