Where is the Link - Morph Dials Script

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jaakay

Where is the Link - Morph Dials Script

Post by jaakay »

Hi All,

I have just been watching a video on youtube regarding the Morph Dial Script for AS, but I can't find the link.

Would someone be kind enough to post the download link again.

Thanking you in advance.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

i suggest you read through the BONE MORPH DIALS SCRIPT thread before you play with this one. here's the script link

http://users.on.net/~alexical/Anime%20S ... s_v0.1.zip
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

That sounds like a warning. Is there something specific I should know. I was going to sit down and watch the tutorials on youtube.

Thanks for sending the link. :-)
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

using the script is a little complicated, but the main issue was a crash problem when you try to render. i think it was mostly happening with AS7. i haven't played much with it for a while, so it might have been fixed by now. you could pm Rudiger, it's his script and he could tell you better.
Poopee

Post by Poopee »

Has to do with AS7 crashing with embedded scripts, as AS7 multi-core render gets confused as to which core to assign the script.

With AS7 you need to boot in single core set-up to be able to render with embedded scripts.

Poopee
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Ok, thanks for that. Your quick responses are very much appreciated.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Yeah, embedded scripts crash AS7 when rendering on multiple cores. My theory is that it's actually to do with multiple instances of the script being run in parallel and all trying to access the main program's interface at the same time.

@Poopee I never had any luck getting AS to only run on a single core. What did you mean by "boot in single-core set-up"? Does that involve changing a BIOS setting or something so the entire OS only runs on a single core?

Anyway, an alternative to doing that is to simply disable real-time morphing and use the BakeMorphs button to create actual keyframes based on the morph dials before rendering. However, you will need to replace the embedded scripts from the original zip file with the ones from the following link, as the original ones still access the scripting interface even if real-time morphing is disabled.
http://users.on.net/~alexical/Anime%20S ... cripts.zip