Import Animation Script (Content Paradise product)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rudiger

Import Animation Script (Content Paradise product)

Post by Rudiger »

I would like to announce a new script I have for sale over at Content Paradise:
RT_ImportAnimation: Import animation from an anme file as an action

Like the title says, it lets you import animation from an existing anme file into the current document, at any point in the hierarchy. It's quite flexible in that it doesn't rely on names and you can add stuff to the current document and still be able to import animations from the anme file, as long as you don't do anything that changes the order of the previously existing objects.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Thanks for this incredibly useful tool. I have yet to test it thoroughly but seems to work on the files I had on hand. I installed it as menu script and at first nothing seem to happen, but then I remembered animations are imported as actions. I inserted the action into the main timeline and there it was! Great!
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Glad you like it! Yeah, you really have to have the Actions window open to notice the script's effect.

I also had an idea for another tool, which would essentially do the opposite and import the object from the anme file but keep the existing animation. This would finally let you use anime files as references so you could update the an object after you have already started animating with it.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Based on neeters_guys's comment, I have made a minor modification to the script to display an alert window when the import operation is complete. Everyone who has already purchased the script should be able redownload the updated script by going to their order history page withing 30 days of their original purchase.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

I'm interested to know how people are using this script and whether there are any options that people would like to see included in the next version.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey Rudiger, I"ve used this script and it's very useful. I haven't used it enough to find any additions that I would need though. I mostly use it to copy actions between bone rigs. Excellent work. Keep at it.
tatrik

Re: Import Animation Script (Content Paradise product)

Post by tatrik »

This script does not work in version 9.2. It is written on the lua console "...pport\scripts\menu\Animation\rt_import_animation.lua:95: error in function 'Clear Animation'.
argument #3 is '[no object]' 'number' expected." I really need this script right now. Rudiger, could you please update it for this version of AS?