Version 1.2: Added text box showing number of currently selected shapes, as requested by Onionskin.
Updated - 22 June 2011
Fixed most recent links below (lm_select_shape_rudiger_v1.1.zip and lm_select_shape_rudiger_v1.1_no_shift.zip) by putting the icon images in the lm_select_shape subfolder.
Updated - 4 May 2011
Added link below to version which works more similarly to Fazek's modified tools, and does not require holding down the shift key (lm_select_shape_rudiger_v1.1_no_shift.zip).
Original Post - 25 March 2011
I would like to announce that I have modified Anime Studio's standard Select Shape tool, lm_select_shape.lua, to add some additional features, mostly focused around selecting multiple shapes at a time.
Here's a brief summary of the new features:
- * Select/Deselect multiple shapes at a time, using Shift-Click, rectangle or lasso selection modes. Shapes are selected when the selection area overlaps at least one of their points.
* Create and select named shape groups, similar to points. This feature actually just uses point groups so you can share groups between the Select Shape and Select Points tools as well.
* Improved changing selection of most-recently selected block using <Ctrl>-Up or <Ctrl>-Down. Supports deselection as well as selection.
* Shape Num window shows the stacking order number of the most recently selected shape.
* Set the stacking order of the most-recently selected shape by directly entering the shape number in the Shape Num window. If multiple shapes are selected, then they will be moved along with the most-recently selected shape.
* Move multiple shapes up and down in the stacking order using the Up and Down arrow keys. Holding down Shift will move the block of currently selected shapes to the top or the bottom of the shape stack. Holding down <Shift>-<Ctrl> will move the most-recently selected shape to the top or bottom of the block of selected shapes.
* Gather selected shapes together towards the most-recently selected shape using a button in the toolbar. This makes the selected shapes a contiguous block.
* The shape effect handle now gets set to bold for selected shapes, so you can more easily tell which handle controls which shape.
* Set shape properties for multiple shapes at once using the Style palette. Initially, only the bottom-most selected shape is affected, but you can propagate the changes to all of the other selected shapes using a button in the toolbar.
* Compatible with Anime Studio Pro/Debut, versions 6.0 and up.
* Holding down <Ctrl>-<Shift>-<Alt> with the Up and Down arrows keys now cycles through the selected shapes to change which one is considered to be the most recently selected (New in version 1.1).
* Added new button/shortcut toggle_selection (l), which toggles the current selection between points and shapes (New in version 1.1).
It can be downloaded from here (Updated 30 June 2011):
Before you download it, though, you need to know that it requires a utility library that I've decided to only make available through my ContentParadise store:
http://www.contentparadise.com/productd ... x?id=17746
NB New features will only be added to the free lm_select_shape script and will therefore not require the utility library to be redownloaded.[/b]