Can scripting be used for this?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DaBeav

Can scripting be used for this?

Post by DaBeav »

Question:

Say I have character, and this character has an arm. At different positions the arm will have different lines (outer edge of arm) either visable or not (via translucency value). For example, if the arm is streached out to the side, all the lines are visable, if the arm is streached across the body, the shoulder lines are invisable, etc.

Is there a way, to script "on the fly" dependancies? For example, if the upper arm bone has an angle of 90 degrees or greater, line shape 4's translucency is set to max?? This would make my animation so much easier. The way I have it now would require either turning on/off a series of lines each time the arm moved, OR creating a switch layer to jump from one to another each time. Having a method to automatically script these actions based on other values within the animation would be GREAT!. So is there a chance??

Thanx.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Scripts can't be run "on the fly", so this idea wouldn't quite work. Scripts that are constantly evaluated on the fly are something we would like to add, but it's not possible just yet.

The way to do this now would be to animate the hypothetical arm bones, and then when all the animation is done, run a custom script you have written that triggers the transparency of the shoulder lines based on the arm angle. If you go back and change the arm's animation, you would have to re-run your script.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Lost Marble wrote:Scripts that are constantly evaluated on the fly are something we would like to add,
:D :D :D ...
Lost Marble wrote:but it's not possible just yet.
... :) :( :cry:
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

:idea: ...I've been thinking that this it'd be specially USEFULL for control Curvature of the points automatically when you manipulate bones, for perfect articulations and MORE! (definitely: :arrow: I want it!)