radius drag to fazeks magnet tool

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

funksmaname

radius drag to fazeks magnet tool

Post by funksmaname »

Hi Guys,
no rush, but could someone add the alt+drag to set influence radius for fazeks magnet tool? i like the fact it only works on selected points and has the point selection functionality built in, but a visual radius control would really be handy :)

the main magnet tool has this functionality, as does Mike Green's Line Width Magnet... shouldn't be too hard to copy the relevant bits over? (famous last words)

Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

Okay, I modified the FA magnet to use alt to scale the tool. It's on my web page on the plugins page. I renamed it to mg_magnet to stop confusion. I also modified my line width magnet tool to also use alt, I hate it when similar tools use different hotkeys! Consistency! Hopefully I'll figure out the selection stuff from Fazek's tool and incorporate it into my own... or probably more likely just alter Fazek's Magnet tool to alter line widths...LOL
I love that you can fiddle with tools like this!
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

YESSUR! thanks so much :))
I will go grab right away... you should probably link to your website from your footer? ;)

p.s. i think it would be AMAZING to include his selection tools into your line width tool - maybe add a 'only effect selected' check box, like fazeks magnet :)

p.p.s it might be good to remove the point adding functionality (or have a checkbox for it) - it's a bit odd to add points off frame 0 when all you want to do is select points and magnet them...? *flutters eyes*
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

Doh! That would help. The www link is up now.

What point adding functionality? As far as I can tell it only moves points....
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I already grabbed it earlier ;)

With fazeks magnet tool, clicking on a line adds a point! it's quite annoying...

Cheers Mike!
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

Ah, found it and fixed it. Download the new one.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

thanks man! will grab it tomorrow :)
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Thanks for these tools! I keep thinking I have my tools just perfect, then along comes a better one.

Anyway, I noticed when I set mirroring, the red center line has disappeared (for Axial, Central, etc.). Is is just me?
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

i dont get a red line either... i dont remember ever seeing it though tbh...
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

Okay, I've sorted it all out. It is now exactly like FA's tool except with the added visible scaling of the fall off.

Grab it while it's hot!
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Thanks, works great! The mirror tool is cool, almost like doing box modeling in a 3D program.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

you da man!
otonal

Re: radius drag to fazeks magnet tool

Post by otonal »

i have the fazek magnet for Version 9 installed and now also the altered version by mike green from his website.

the green version i tried because i liked the altdrag for brush size BUT his version does give me a lot of symmetry fails....

with fazeks i drag out a simple rectangle, use the split curves script for perfect midpoints, select those 2 and use the magnet tool -set mirror set by selected Points for perfect symmetry through the rectangle.
then i do the magents tools space thing to disconnect mirror points(in order to strg- move them way out of the canvas at top and bottom to avoid moving them while magneting).

now -after a select all- with the fazek magent i can perfectly move any points or symetrically add points without any issues( only feature i am REALLY missing is to symmetrically erease points ,with shift hold or something)

NOW with the mike green version , doing it all excactly the same as above(the rectangle and so on), moving Points works fine but adding by dragging on unpointed segments Fails in symmetry quite often -i would say most of the time...
try it you will see.

so would be nice to have the green Version working perfect first and then maybe to add, next to the altdrag-size improvement, a symmetrically point erease option with shift held or something.

also i miss very much being able to drag out hard cornerpoints out of segemnts with the symetrical magnet tool instead of soft curved ones only. maybe an optionbox for that could be possible?

(ok lastly, and that is maybe too much, but i dream about keeping the symmetry from the magent tool axis once set active "globally" therefore being able to switch from the magent tool to drawing Tools, the freehand pen, curve width or even bone creation with the symmetry still in Action)