shape order script

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jose1984alberto

shape order script

Post by jose1984alberto »

hello everyone, i was wondering if any of you guys have a script that can show me a layer order type window but for the shapes, son i can reorder them just by dragging them... although, if its just a window that shows me the shapes order, thats just fine.

i guess that theres a script that does that somewhere in this forum but i just cant find it

dont know if im making myself clear, my native language isnt english sorry.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

viewtopic.php?t=9211
Here you have.
jose1984alberto

thanks

thanks. im gonna give it a try
-------------------------------------------------------
used it, not exactly wat i was looking for, but i think i can give it a good use. if i could actually see a list of the shapes and reorder them, that would be GREAT!

still good script
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

I don't think there is a script that fits your exact description, but this one should certainly help.

Select Shape tool - See where in the order the dang shape is
jose1984alberto

i came across this script a fiew days ago, but i dont know how to install it, sorry i know its kind of a stupid question but im really not that familiar with scripting, can you guys help me out?
still not completly wat i was looking for cus it doesnt seem that you can animate the order, but really close and still great tools to play with
arfa

Post by arfa »

but i dont know how to install it
Most scripts are added to the AS/scripts/tool folder
They usually need a line in _tool_list.txt
eg.
tool lm_select_shape.lua Q

7feet select shape tool (with Rudiger mod.) conflicts the ver6 tool - in that you loose features of the new - gradient editing etc.

My work process is still developing discipline so I really like being able to reorder shapes so I renamed 7feet's version so I can have both.

@Genete
I have not seen your animated layering script until now!!!!! Love it. I have a copy and will study your directions. thanks a heap.
arfa

Post by arfa »

I got the first version working fine (in AS6) but _bonesv2.lua gave a console error immediately after embedding the script and clicking OK:
line 48 - attempt to call a table value

A three shape test gives 3 instances of the same error.
The same error then occurs for every action - move in the timeline (to set a key), click any tool, etc.

I have previously done shape sorting with layer ordering. I will explore and play.

How ever did you think of the idea in the first place? Awesome.

I would be interested to hear what you see as the advantages of using the script over using layer ordering.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Hi guys,

I finally got around to adding 7feet's (and my) mods to the lm_select_shape in AS6.1! To try and keep the links in one place, I posted the link at the bottom of 7feet's original thread:
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Rudiger wrote:I finally got around to adding 7feet's (and my) mods to the lm_select_shape in AS6.1! To try and keep the links in one place, I posted the link at the bottom of 7feet's original thread:
Hey Rudiger, thanks, but I can't any new post or link on that thread. It's me or there is not link yet?
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Oh, sorry. Now there is the link :oops:
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Just realized that in AS6, you don't need the instructions in the tool bar as the Description is displayed under it automatically, so I sneakily created a new version and changed the link in my post at bottom of 7feet's thread.