Bone morph dials script

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Hi All,

I have just installed the Rudiger Morphdial script. Could someone tell me in which folder to put the rt_apply_morph_weights.lua file.

Thanks in advance
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

hey jaakay, the morph dial script is the most advanced script there is. make sure you watch funk's tutes on it. the lua. you mentioned is the embed script. you double click on the layer you have created actions for in the layer palette, and check off the embed script option, this will call for a file, you choose the rt apply morph weight lua. there. make sure you read through this whole thread as there is a lot of info about this script.
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Hi Jonbo,

Thanks for the response. I have just watched Funksmaname's video tutorial and he explained there what to do with the file. This is absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to get stuck in. His tutorials are really clear which is great for a beginner like me who wants to run before they can walk :D

I have to say, I really do appreciate all the help and advice you give. Thanks.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

ur welcome. one thing to note, is the latest version of the script doesn't require the rt gen lua anymore, so i think funk's going to have to update his tute. have fun with this one. :)
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I will... but as I believe there's an impending update to include some functionality I'm just holding off till Rudiger gives me the nod.

btw, as jonbo says, morphdials is fairly advanced and still a little experimental - I know it's exciting but I think its extremely important for new users to learn the basics of anime studio thoroughly before installing every script they can find :)
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

I can't get anything to work in the sample file.

When I unzip the files I see a script outside the "scripts" folder called "rt_apply_morph_weights.lua". Where does it go?

Actually, with this latest release (v0.2), the rt_gen_morph_weights.lua script is no longer required....
Which script is now to be embedded into the bone layer vs. the vector layer?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey gnaws, no embedded scripts needed for the bone layer with the latest version. The RT apply weight script gets embedded in the vector layers.
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

Thanks jonbo. That helps.... somewhat. But I'm still confused. How come I can't get the sample file to work? I *do* have the scripts installed.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

re-embed the apply weight script. also make sure you're not on frame zero
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

"apply morph weights" to vector layer

no script embedding on the MorphDials layer

enable realtime-morphing in scripts/menu

...nothing.....

:shock:
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

When I first installed the script, the test file didn't work. All I did was call up the layer settings on the vector layer named" test head", unchecked the embedded script option and then re-checked the option and chose the apply weight lua. I did the same to the mask layer and the file worked fine. You could try to make a simple morph and see if that works, if not then something isn't installed right.
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

m'eah. Same result. Installing scripts isn't rocket science. I even updated "_test_list.txt". I'll keep an eye/ear out for Funk's next tute.

Thanks, jonbo.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

hey gnaws, upload your testing file and i'll take a look - or are you using the demo? try setting up a super simple file and see if it works (i usually just set up a square with a single point action movement)

also, the embedded script gives you live upading, but its totally unnecessary if you bake (you have to register the bake button as a button in your txt file)
so try to move a bone and bake, see if it works (this way hierarchy doesn't matter, so if that works it suggests your layer hierarchy is the problem.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

You shouldn't have to re-embed the rt_apply_morph_weights.lua script in v0.2. Just make sure it is in the same folder as the anme file.

Also, the sample file already contains its own short MorphDial animation. Does the head move when you hit play or scrub the timeline?

Sometimes the MorphDials settings can get screwed up. Make sure your options are set to the same as these:
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Just for notice, I`ve tried MorphDials v0.2 on Win7, 32bit, sinlge core and it didn`t worked in live preview until I embedded rt_gen_morph_weights.lua script with MD layer (previously rt_apply_morph_weights.lua was embed with vector layers).

All of this was done in sample file, which is in .zip file.

p.s.
I have not seen this baking options before. What needs to be activated to ensure they are running?