My Nudge Keys Toolset... Finally!!!!

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

arfa

Post by arfa »

Well done Rudiger.! A very rich and generous offering that (so far) has all worked just fine. LOVE having the count option :!:

Here are icon variants that might be useful.

Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Glad you like it, Arfa!

Thanks, also for doing those icons, they're fantastic! I particularly like the one where the tool is actually adjusting the key. Very clever.
rogermate

Post by rogermate »

Wow.

This is one complete tool, with a fantastic Status Bar (just below the main menu).

Be sure to install both the menu based scripts, and the consolidated tool which lets you access them all by keystrokes.

For me, it is worth it just to have a next key frame, previous keyframe tool - assigned to keystrokes.
But the beauty is that all of the different options are available when the tool is active, and there is even a settings page.

Really well done!
basshole

Post by basshole »

Hi. I tried to install the updated tool and feel as though I'm doing something wrong.

Inside your zip file, there's a scripts folder with tools/utitilies/menu folders inside it. I took the files in those folders and put them in the similarly named folders in the ASP folder. Then I took the stuff in "script resources" from the zip file and put it in "resources" which is inside the ASP.app (I'm on a mac too). That should be it, right? When I click the key tool icon in ASP I get your error message that every single thing is missing.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Hi basshole,

Make sure you put the stuff from the "script resources" folder in "resources/script_resources", which should already be there too.

By the way the idea is to just unzip the whole thing to your Anime Studio directory. I know that on Windows it will warn you that the folders already exist, but still copy the files across, so surely a Mac would do the same.

Rudiger
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Rudiger wrote:Hi basshole,

Make sure you put the stuff from the "script resources" folder in "resources/script_resources", which should already be there too.

By the way the idea is to just unzip the whole thing to your Anime Studio directory. I know that on Windows it will warn you that the folders already exist, but still copy the files across, so surely a Mac would do the same.

Rudiger
If you're on mac it will not work that way, it's better to unzip it on another place and put all scripts at the right places, the script resource files should go inside the AS app, so you have to right click on the app itself and from the meny choose "show contents" inside there you'll find the resource folder where you should put the files.
basshole

Post by basshole »

Yes, thank you. I didn't realize there was a script resources folder inside the resources folder inside the package contents. I've got it all straightened out. I love that even at 4:40 AM there are people on this board beside me.
arfa

Post by arfa »

Here is another icon:

Would posting my *.psd file be of any use? You could mix and match as you wish.

thanks again - arfa
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hey, I hadn't seen you improved the tool, Rudiger. It works amazing as an unique tool with several options. All is in the right place and with its own shortcuts. Simply fantastic.
Thank you very much. You have done an amazing work that should be integrated by default on new AS versions. And it propose to scripters a new way of how make things work (imagine, for example, genete's 3d rig all resumed on one tool)
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

@arfa: Thanks for another cool icon. As you have seen, when it comes to making icons, I need all the help I can get, so posting the psd would be awesome!

@selgin: Thanks for your kind words, buddy! I believe I was inspired by some of your posts about moving some of AS's options to the tool bar, so some of the credit goes to your good self as well!
arfa

Post by arfa »

I am glad to be able to add something to the pot.

Feel free to mix it up with the layers or to suggest alternatives. This work is relatively easy for me -- WAY easier than animation :D

Here is a link to the photoshop file:
http://www.BuddhaMind.info/as/bits/nudge_icons.psd
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Ufff, although I smelled this could be something great, is now that I'm still starting to use it for another series of animation tests, that I must say this tool is absolute awesoOome!

I can see how much time it could save in any complex/long (or not) animation projects involving lots of layers, it simply helps a lot to get around with that "blindness" feeling that you have when you try to adjust or synchronize keyframes between layers and that is enough to make it "essential", to say the least... Plus, although I still have not use all the features, it seems incredibly well constructed and practice! I think you make me feel again that envy over all the scripting creatures :roll:

Well, so... how I think that I love it and I'll love it even more, I only wanted to THANK YOU for all that hard/wonderful work...
basshole

Post by basshole »

I'm sorry. . .I don't understand how some of the new functions work. For instance, I see a on/off button for "nudge audio channels". So I turn it on, and use the global nudge to push everything 10 frames forward. But the audio still doesn't move. . .I guess I'm doing this wrong?

And what does the count do? I entered "10" in there and then did a global nudge, assuming it would push everything 10 frames down, but it didn't.

Also, I did a global nudge and checked to see if it was screwing up the cycles like the original version did, and it still seems to. Is this 'cause I have the old tool still installed?
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

The way you are assuming they should work is absolutely correct, so my guess is that it's an installation problem. Did you copy over all of the files in the zip file, including all of the menu scripts and utilities script? In a way, the key tool can be thought of as a tool box, and it won't do the job unless you fill it with all of the correct tools. Also, you are definitely using version 6.1, right?
basshole

Post by basshole »

Yes, to the copying, no to v 6.1. I'm still on .0 Can I update without screwing up my current project?