My Nudge Keys Toolset... Finally!!!!

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

basshole wrote:Yes, to the copying, no to v 6.1. I'm still on .0 Can I update without screwing up my current project?
I know there's a rule about not updating during a project, but this is a bug fix version, so I highly recommend updating as it crashes less often, for one thing. However, there was one bug in version 6.0 where fills are disabled for shapes made up itersecting curves that continue on after the weld.

That should definitely fix up the audio issue, but I'm still worried about the frame count issue. If it's still there when you're using 6.1, please post more details about the problem so I can try and fix it.
basshole

Post by basshole »

thanks. downloading the 6.1 update.

So in the new key tool, you select/turn on the channels you want to affect, and the global nudge moves only those? Or does global nudge always move everything, and plain old "nudge keys" only affects the selected channels? And what does the "current frame only" button do? Just moves all keys on that frame without rippling the whole project?

And in the advanced options, what do the check boxes for move cursor, nudge camera channels, and move endframe do?
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Rudiger wrote: I know there's a rule about not updating during a project, but this is a bug fix version, so I highly recommend updating as it crashes less often, for one thing. However, there was one bug in version 6.0 where fills are disabled for shapes made up itersecting curves that continue on after the weld.
Oops, I meant to say that the bug is in version 6.1!
basshole

Post by basshole »

So I don't want 6.1?
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

basshole wrote:thanks. downloading the 6.1 update.

So in the new key tool, you select/turn on the channels you want to affect, and the global nudge moves only those? Or does global nudge always move everything, and plain old "nudge keys" only affects the selected channels? And what does the "current frame only" button do? Just moves all keys on that frame without rippling the whole project?

And in the advanced options, what do the check boxes for move cursor, nudge camera channels, and move endframe do?
Nah, the main difference with global nudge is that effects all layers in your project. It still should only obey the channel switches in the option bar.

You're right about "current frame only". It will only nudge keys that are on the current frame, and not any are that are ahead of the cursor.

For the advanced options, you're best off just playing with them on a test project to see what they do. If you uncheck "move cursor", then the keys get shifted without the cursor being moved. Pretty useless option, I know! If you check "move camera channels", then the camera channels will be nudged along with the layer channels, and similarly if you check "move endframe", the endframe will be moved. There are two checkboxes for each of these options so they can be independently set for global nudge and normal nudge.
basshole

Post by basshole »

I sort of realized that after I thought about it for a bit.

So, if I get 6.1. your tool will work right, but my shapes my get all screwed up?
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

basshole wrote:So I don't want 6.1?
Only if you have a lot of shapes where the outline curves cross over each other and poke out.
basshole

Post by basshole »

I have a lot of whacky, unorthodox, unusual stuff. So yeah, I guess I have to wait for 6.2
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

basshole wrote:I have a lot of whacky, unorthodox, unusual stuff. So yeah, I guess I have to wait for 6.2
Fair enough. Sticking with 6.0 should only mean that you can't nudge curvature or audio channels. It would be great if you could give me more info about the frame count issue. Is it only for global nudge that it doesn't work.?Is it only nudge left or nudge right? Bear in mind that the tool will automatically modify the specified count if an existing key is in the way (unless the allow_key_deletion option is enabled in the advanced options). For global nudge this key could be anywhere in the document.
basshole

Post by basshole »

Basically it behaves just like the original tool. audio doesn't move, and any cycles after the moved key reset themselves. I tried plain old nudge keys, global nudge, no different. I enter a count, and then hit global nudge/nudge keys, and it just moves one key per press of the icon.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

basshole wrote:Basically it behaves just like the original tool. audio doesn't move, and any cycles after the moved key reset themselves. I tried plain old nudge keys, global nudge, no different. I enter a count, and then hit global nudge/nudge keys, and it just moves one key per press of the icon.
OK, you've gotta be using the wrong version of the menu scripts. Make sure you don't have any of the old rt_*nudge* scripts lying around anywhere (especially in the tool directory as they used to be button tools). Perhaps you could do a search for nudge or something. Then make sure you copy over the latest rt_*nudge* scripts over to their corresponding directories.
basshole

Post by basshole »

Oh. So I gotta delete all the old stuff for the new stuff to work?
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

basshole wrote:Oh. So I gotta delete all the old stuff for the new stuff to work?
Yep, delete anything with nudge in the name in your scripts/tool folder as they are all now menu scripts instead of button scripts. Of course, you also have to delete the corresponding tool names from your _tool_list.txt file. I hope this does the trick for you and it ends up being worth the hassle.
basshole

Post by basshole »

I will give it a try. Thanks.
basshole

Post by basshole »

Ok. . .I deleted everything with nudge in the file name, and recopied the stuff from the new key tool to the appropriate folders, but it still behaves the same.