My Nudge Keys Toolset... Finally!!!!

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Hello Rudiger,

I know this is an old topic, but does this script work for version 7? I can't seem to get it to work. I have many rigs made in 7, so going back to 6 is not an option. And this seems to be a great tool saving LOTS of time.

I hope you're still active on the forum.

Thanks in advance,

Lukas
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Lukas wrote:Hello Rudiger,

I know this is an old topic, but does this script work for version 7? I can't seem to get it to work. I have many rigs made in 7, so going back to 6 is not an option. And this seems to be a great tool saving LOTS of time.

I hope you're still active on the forum.

Thanks in advance,

Lukas
Hi Lukas,

Hehe, yeah I'm still active, well as active as I get, anyway :p. I tried installing it under AS7 just now, and it worked no problems for me. Perhaps you could tell me exactly in what way it's not working. For example, are you getting any lua console errors? Is the tool showing up in the tool window at all?

Apart from that, I remember some people having trouble because they didn't install all of the files from the the zip file. The files have to be installed in several different sub-directories. The easiest way is to unzip the whole zip file to the Anime Studio Pro root directory. Then the files will be unzipped to the correct directories automatically.

Anyway, glad you can see the potential for this little tool to be of help on your project. Hope it works out.

Rudiger
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Good to know it should be possible.

I've tried putting the files in the right directories, but somehow I seem to mess it up.

When I click the "Key tool" button, I get about 20 errors like this:
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3674 ... 4at147.png
Saying it can't find the .png files.

I've put them here (which I guess is the wrong place?):
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3674 ... 4at147.png

And then it ends up looking like this:
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4858/s ... 4at152.png

It's hard to say if the buttons work, because I have no clue what they are supposed to do.

Thanks for looking into it :)
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Well yes, "Anime Studio Pro 7/Resources/ScriptResources" is the right directory, but something looks odd. Where are all of the standard png files that come with Anime Studio? I wonder if something weird is going on with permissions and links and the like. I don't have a mac, but I've been caught out on Windows 7 a few times, when I try to copy files to an application directory where I don't have permission and it does some weird stuff like copying the files to somewhere local, but setting up links so it appears as though the files did copy to the application directory OK, which is immensely confusing. Not sure if something like that is going on with you.

Perhaps you could start with a clean install, and make sure you have full root privileges before you try to copy the files across.
crsP

Post by crsP »

It's in the wrong directory actually. Lukas, you see the 'Anime Studio.app' in your screenshot? You need to right click it and 'view contents'. There you will find the proper resources folder you need to dump the pngs into.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Ah yes, it works now! Thanks.

This was EXACTLY what I needed, awesome job Rudiger. These should be implemented in the software, I wasted so many hours shifting keyframes by hand for thousands of layers to get the timing right. Bravo!
chucky

key to success

Post by chucky »

Rudiger this is SOOOO good, I was always building rigs with as few layers as possible layer as it was to much of a pain to keep track of child keys when re-timing, now I can effectively use much more complicated rigs and implement the group actions feature without having to painstakingly hunt through all the children, which could get very messy.
This has saved me a bunch of time and plenty of headaches, thank you!
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Just to let you know that I have released a new version of KeyTool. Details are in the updated original post of this thread.
Breinmeester

Post by Breinmeester »

Hey Rudiger!!

Thanks for keeping this script alive! It's sheer genius and a necessity to all moho animators that take their work seriously.
Of all the things missing from the out-of-the-box version of AS pro this has been the biggest inconvenience and you've not only fixed it, but it also works very intuitively.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Lukas just pointed out to me that the package I uploaded was missing the rt_utilities file. I have rectified this and reuploaded the zip file, so if you have already downloaded it, you will have to download it again using the same link as before.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Thank you, Rudiger.
I`ve seen updates earlier today, and was wondering...

And now, just to post compliments for your devotion.
crsP

Post by crsP »

Nice script, but any chance the behaviour can be changed when using the next and previous key buttons? At the moment, they move to the next and previous keys, but the numerical indicator of what frame you are on does not change. I would prefer if it showed which frame you are now on.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

crsP wrote:Nice script, but any chance the behaviour can be changed when using the next and previous key buttons? At the moment, they move to the next and previous keys, but the numerical indicator of what frame you are on does not change. I would prefer if it showed which frame you are now on.
You and me both! I tried all of the update type functions I could find in the scripting interface, but couldn't get the frame box to update. The one I believe should do it is moho:UpdateUI(). What's weird is it seems to work fine for the end frame box, so perhaps there's some sort of problem with it.
crsP

Post by crsP »

Thought it might be a scripting limitation, but had to ask, just in case.
NeedyN00b

Post by NeedyN00b »

This script rocks. Thank you.