My Nudge Keys Toolset... Finally!!!!

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Sorry, not available to scripting interface :(. Maybe in version 6.1, or better still, version 6.1 will have a built in nudge feature.
basshole

Post by basshole »

I'm sad the sequencer/audio issue can't be addressed. If you could at least keep it from resetting the cycling on any layer it affects, that'd be cool.
stefman

Post by stefman »

Rudiger wrote:Sorry, not available to scripting interface :(. Maybe in version 6.1, or better still, version 6.1 will have a built in nudge feature.
I managed to create a key on the Shape_Effect_Transforms channel with scripting by using these objects:
fEffectScale, fEffectRotation, fEffectOffset

Could this be used here?

I admit that I've doubts, as your scripts seem to work differently.
I could find only one object of that kind in the sctipts, the fAnimPos.

So, your scripts seem to access the channels in another way. I'll have to study them longer...

stefman
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Oh sorry, my mistake. The ShapeEffectTransforms channel is available and will be in the next version of my nudge scripts, but the ShapeEffect channel (icon is a box containing a black to white gradient) is not in the scripting interface as far as I can tell.
stefman

Post by stefman »

Yes, the ShapeEffect channel really isn't available at present.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward for the new version of your nudge tool set. :)
basshole

Post by basshole »

No way, no how, to get it acknowledge the sequencer/audio layers then?
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

The sequencer is stuff was there after all and I've already added it to the scripts. The audio stuff is theoretically there, but I couldn't get it to work. I'll try and send a question off the Mike about it to see if I'm driving it right.
basshole

Post by basshole »

Cool beans. Those were my main issues with it. . .every time I nudge, I have to adjust the audio layers and the cycling to realign everything.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

So you like options, do you? Well, prepare to have all the options in the world!

Hehe, you'll see what I mean when you download the new version of my nudge key scripts (just go to the first page of this thread for the links). All the bugs should have been fixed too. The only thing that seems to be a bit dodgy is the new layer visibility checking, as it is a hack that involved reading from the file.

I know it took me a long time, but it ended up being a complete rewrite, so now everything's a lot neater and there's much less code duplication. Anyway, the timing worked out quite well, with Mike having just released the scripting interface for 6.1 which now includes access to the curvature channel. Now all that is missing is the shape-effect channel!

You'll also notice that everything has now been combined into a single tool, called KeyTool. It's called this instead of something like NudgeTool, as I intend to add other functionality to it, like copying and pasting keys, setting interpolating modes, and creating holds, etc. The icon is crap as usual, though. I was going for a key with the head of a spanner, but it looks like a half-mangled tin-opener.

Anyway, instead of writing pages and pages of instructions, you're probably better of just playing with it and posting any questions in this thread. Have fun! :D
basshole

Post by basshole »

you da man! or da woman! or da hermaphrodite!

This script aside, it seems like ASP needs some "real" editing tools like NLE software has. . .it'd be wonderful if you could, for instance, call the range of this camera key to this camera key a "clip", and then be able to trim resize, rescale, move around, dissolve, etc. that clip like you can with pieces of video in Final Cut Pro, for example. I realize a functionality like this would come with a host of problems and issues, but a guy can dream, right?
malcolm

Post by malcolm »

If I'm working with the line replace tool, how do I apply the skip to previous key from this tool? So, If I'm on the line replace tool and I want to hit the + or - key to move me to the previous frames, what do I need to write in the script to make this happen?

Thanks
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

basshole wrote: you da man! or da woman! or da hermaphrodite!

This script aside, it seems like ASP needs some "real" editing tools like NLE software has. . .it'd be wonderful if you could, for instance, call the range of this camera key to this camera key a "clip", and then be able to trim resize, rescale, move around, dissolve, etc. that clip like you can with pieces of video in Final Cut Pro, for example. I realize a functionality like this would come with a host of problems and issues, but a guy can dream, right?
Hehe, it was "man" last time I checked, but that was at least a week ago now. I agree that it would be cool to see features like that in AnimeStudio. I think a lot of these features would be good if you could apply them to action references as well. Oh well, I'm just going to keep adding all the features on my wishlist as scripts and hope that, the ones that people find useful, Mike will end up adding to the program.
malcolm wrote:If I'm working with the line replace tool, how do I apply the skip to previous key from this tool? So, If I'm on the line replace tool and I want to hit the + or - key to move me to the previous frames, what do I need to write in the script to make this happen?

Thanks
You would need to add some code like the following to the line replace tool:

Code: Select all

function FK_LineReplace:OnKeyDown(moho, keyEvent)
    -- Do shortcut key mapping
    if keyEvent.key == '-' then
        RT_PrevKeyframe:Run(moho)
    elseif keyEvent.key == '+' then
        RT_NextKeyframe:Run(moho)
    end
end
Otherwise, you could you use the button tool wrapper scripts I provided to install the PrevKeyframe and NextKeyframe as button tools that you can use shortcuts for no matter what tool you are in.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

This looks really promising but I have some problems, I tried to install the rt key tool, where do I place the ScriptResource folder? I have tried a lot of places know but the tool doesn't seem to find it.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

ulrik wrote:This looks really promising but I have some problems, I tried to install the rt key tool, where do I place the ScriptResource folder? I have tried a lot of places know but the tool doesn't seem to find it.
Hi ulrik,

There should already be a ScriptResources folder in the Resources folder of your Anime Studio Pro installation location. The idea is you just drop the Scripts and Resources folder into the Anime Studio Pro folder. I'm not sure about Mac, but on windows it will warn you that the folders already exist and ask you whether you want to replace files with the same name, to which you should respond with "Yes to all".
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Thanks Rudiger, I found the resource folder inside the AS Pro application, yes I'm on mac so I had to r-click on the app and choose "show application contents" and in there I found the resource folder. :D
Now it's time to explore the script, thank you once again for making this great contributions to us all!!