My Nudge Keys Toolset... Finally!!!!

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stefman

Post by stefman »

I have another suggestion.

I would find it really practic if you could nudge only the keys which are at the frame where the timeline marker is.

stefman
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

stefman wrote:I have another suggestion.

I would find it really practic if you could nudge only the keys which are at the frame where the timeline marker is.

stefman
Oh, please Rudiger, if you make that, make optionally.
stefman

Post by stefman »

Hehe,

I didn't want to scare you, Selgin. :)

But, perhaps, this could become a separated button.

I just thought that this would be very usefull for timing corrections.

stefman
stefman

Post by stefman »

stefman
Well, the idea was to have the possibility to move only one range of keys very quickly. As if you selected a key and you moved it with the mouse.
But, the problem would be that you can this only once. Because after that the keys we wanted to move wouldn't be at the same frame as the cursor anymore. That's why it could be an idea to move the cursor one frame as well.

stefman
stefman

Post by stefman »

Hey Rudiger,

do you think that it would be possible to create a script that copies or cuts and pastes all the keys from the same frame? This would be usefull as you can't "jump" over existing keys. e.g. I have key ranges at frame 3 and 5. And I would like to move the keys from range 3 to frame 7. This wouldn't be possible as, the keys from frame 5 will block the others at frame 4.

stefman
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

stefman wrote:

stefman
Well, the idea was to have the possibility to move only one range of keys very quickly. As if you selected a key and you moved it with the mouse.
But, the problem would be that you can this only once. Because after that the keys we wanted to move wouldn't be at the same frame as the cursor anymore. That's why it could be an idea to move the cursor one frame as well.

stefman
Yeah, that's totally possible as the cursor already moves with the keys you are nudging. What I normally do is nudge the keyframe I want to move then skip to the next key and nudge the other keys back the other way to compensate. I can understand how it would be handy to do it one step though.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

stefman wrote:Hey Rudiger,

do you think that it would be possible to create a script that copies or cuts and pastes all the keys from the same frame? This would be usefull as you can't "jump" over existing keys. e.g. I have key ranges at frame 3 and 5. And I would like to move the keys from range 3 to frame 7. This wouldn't be possible as, the keys from frame 5 will block the others at frame 4.

stefman
The problem is you can't tell which keys are selected in the timeline window from a script. You would have to define a block of keys by registering the start of a block with a shortcut then the end of the block would be defined by the cursor position. Apart from that, you could do cutting and pasting no problems.
plazake

Post by plazake »

Thanks man it makes more sense now and I think I can get closer to what I 'm looking for.
comparatif simulation taux credit auto - Taux crédit auto. Comparatif des offres! Les meilleurs taux crédit auto sont sur le net !comparatif simulation taux credit auto
stefman

Post by stefman »

Rudiger,
Yeah, that's totally possible as the cursor already moves with the keys you are nudging.
Oops, sorry. Indeed, the cursor already follows the nudged keys.

The problem is you can't tell which keys are selected in the timeline window from a script. You would have to define a block of keys by registering the start of a block with a shortcut then the end of the block would be defined by the cursor position. ...
Sorry, sometimes my english comprehension is not the best.
Do you mean that this way to determine a key selection could be done with scripting or that it is impossible?

Cheers,

stefman
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

If you highlight key frames in the time line (select keys so they turn red) the lua scripting interface can't "see" they are selected. If you want to edit specific key frames or frames with a script the script has to be "told" what frames or range of frames to change. It just doesn't see the key selection in the time line. Selected keys in the time line is "invisible" to the script interface.

-vern
stefman

Post by stefman »

Hehe,

thank you Vern. I had undertsood that part.

I just wanted to know if Rudiger said that, yes, his idea of telling the software which keys are selected by defining a block of keys by registering the start of a block with a shortcut and letting the other end be defined by the cursor position was feasable or if he said , no, it would be nice but it can't be done. Did he describe a solution or did he say that the solution would be that but it's impossible?

Sorry for bugging on this.

Cheers,

stefman
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

stefman wrote:Hehe,

thank you Vern. I had undertsood that part.

I just wanted to know if Rudiger said that, yes, his idea of telling the software which keys are selected by defining a block of keys by registering the start of a block with a shortcut and letting the other end be defined by the cursor position was feasable or if he said , no, it would be nice but it can't be done. Did he describe a solution or did he say that the solution would be that but it's impossible?

Sorry for bugging on this.

Cheers,

stefman
The part in bold is indeed feasible. However, I can see that I am going to have to make a tool version of these scripts, so you will be able to have many more shortcut keys and setting options will be easier as they can be displayed above the work view.
stefman

Post by stefman »

Yeahh, great idea!!!
basshole

Post by basshole »

Hey. I just installed this toolset, and while they seem to work, I'm having some issues (version 6).

I tried the tools, and, maybe someone already mentioned this and the wording confused me, but it seems to ignore the audio files that I've placed with the sequencer. Picture moves, sounds stay in the same place.

The nudge tool for individual keys only advances the playhead, doesn't seem to move the keys. Also found that the global nudge left tool will only go back one frame. . .then doesn't work after that. Even on the same keys I just nudged 10 frames right.

I read through this thread before installing these, and thought I did everything right. I saw that the folders in the zip file are named like folders in the ASP 6 folder in /applications, so I copied from tools to tools, etc. Also copied the text from the included .txt file into the txt file in the tools folder.

Did I miss something?

I decided to try these because I'm at a stage where I'm encountering an issue that I'm sure I'll be seeing 'til I finish this thing--timing. I finally finished the first scene in my short, and rendered it to a QT movie. What I noticed was that on some cuts, the lines of dialogue, or maybe just the camera cuts were just a little too close together. . .they maybe need 4, 6, 8, 12 frames more space between them. Trying to find a way to add this breathing room without having to go through every layer in the document, grabbing all the keys, and manually moving them down the timeline however much seems right. These scripts seemed like the perfect solution, but I'm open to other ideas.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

basshole wrote:Hey. I just installed this toolset, and while they seem to work, I'm having some issues (version 6).

I tried the tools, and, maybe someone already mentioned this and the wording confused me, but it seems to ignore the audio files that I've placed with the sequencer. Picture moves, sounds stay in the same place.

The nudge tool for individual keys only advances the playhead, doesn't seem to move the keys. Also found that the global nudge left tool will only go back one frame. . .then doesn't work after that. Even on the same keys I just nudged 10 frames right.

I read through this thread before installing these, and thought I did everything right. I saw that the folders in the zip file are named like folders in the ASP 6 folder in /applications, so I copied from tools to tools, etc. Also copied the text from the included .txt file into the txt file in the tools folder.

Did I miss something?

I decided to try these because I'm at a stage where I'm encountering an issue that I'm sure I'll be seeing 'til I finish this thing--timing. I finally finished the first scene in my short, and rendered it to a QT movie. What I noticed was that on some cuts, the lines of dialogue, or maybe just the camera cuts were just a little too close together. . .they maybe need 4, 6, 8, 12 frames more space between them. Trying to find a way to add this breathing room without having to go through every layer in the document, grabbing all the keys, and manually moving them down the timeline however much seems right. These scripts seemed like the perfect solution, but I'm open to other ideas.
When I upgraded the nudge tools to ver6.0, I overlooked the audio channels. I thought I would be able to fix this in the next version of the tool, but moho:LayerAsAudio() always seems to return nil, even if layer:IsAudioType() is returning true, so I can't make it work. Either it's a bug in the scripting interface, or I'm not driving it correctly.

With regards to your second query, the global nudge tool normally doesn't shift left if there is a key on the previous frame somewhere in the document, including the camera channels. Are the 10 shifts right you did, global shifts, because they're definitely shouldn't be any keys to the left if you just globally shifted right. If they're are then perhaps you can post your anme file, or a cutdown version of it, which still exhibits the same behaviour, so I can work out exactly what's going wrong.