Transparency, blur and visbility tool

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Hello, I always have wanted something like this too, and although I'd love too that kind of direct controls on every layer tool, I have found that modify/replace the original tools may lead in a little pain; maintenance, the possibility of break something, and the necessity of re-install all modified tools on every update, makes me back immediately down...

So I have in mind a separate "Layer Settings" (or something so) tool to control ALL that extra layer settings I think we use often and, specially, that "trial and error" ones like masking and layer blending, to have the ability to play with it just in the way we play with particles using that "Particle Tool", although I'd like to have as most settings as possible at first sight and use pop up windows only if absolutely necessary. Definitetly, although much of this real time changes wouldn't be visible in the viewer, it could be very handy and save lot of time and clicks before "Ctrl+Ring".

Well, I'm treating to remember the very few LUA skills I think I had in the past, and this kind of "easy" exercises (actually I understand for "easy" anything don't involving matrices :roll:) could be like a very good starting point, so I think I'll have it in mind for a time meantime I try to find the... time? :|

BTW:
Actually, is still quite easy & quick to animate layer visibility clicking directly over the "Layer Visibility" animation channel along the timeline, so I'm not sure if it'll worth the space to include another shortcut for it...
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Ramón, a tool to control layer propieties, specially masking, would be awesome!
It would be cool to control hide on workspace/hide on render. And, of course, as parameters as posible.
I hope you remember all your lua fantastic knowledge!