Script for GIMP 2.4

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

realsnake

Script for GIMP 2.4

Post by realsnake »

Is there any script (*.scm) available that'll let u export ur GIMP projects to anime studio just like adobe?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Have you tried the Gimp forum(s)?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
chucky

Post by chucky »

Just save the gimp as a PSD to keep all the layers.
Import the PSD
Or just export all the layers as separate PNGs
realsnake

Post by realsnake »

- Nope!!!

- umm this was the only solution i could think of but its good to have a script written for gimp too.

is it possible to convert adobe script to gimp?
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

realsnake wrote:is it possible to convert adobe script to gimp?
It should be doable to rewrite it for GIMP, only thing you'll miss is parts separated into layers/groups since Gimp doesn't have layer groups (but hopefully they will soon have).
I don't know much about Gimp scripting so I can't guide you further but I wish you all the best. Gimp is an awesome tool and as soon as they have layer groups it will be my main image production tool.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I just downloaded the latest Gimp. I will definately be looking at the scripting soon... I love programs with scripting. I'm also too cheap to keep updating photoshop. ;) I have heard that scripting in Gimp is trickier than in PS. Don't know yet.

-vern
realsnake

Post by realsnake »

- To be honest i don't know anything about scripting, neither java nor lua :cry:
- if u manage to make it work for gimp would u plz share it! :wink:
janimate

Post by janimate »

I found this thread searching for the same thing, and since there wasn't a conversion of the PhotoShop script on the Anime Studio site, I made a GIMP script myself:

http://registry.gimp.org/node/12867

It's fairly simplified, and doesn't handle anything fancy like masks or blend modes (normal is assumed), but it should work for exporting a basic layered character. It works for any RGB (24-bit), layered image opened into GIMP 2.4.2. Since script-fu changes from version to version, I don't know how well it will work for other versions of the GIMP.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Thank you janimate! I'll try it out later when I get some time to see how everything works.

Also recently I made a edit image in Gimp script which opens up an image directly from AS in Gimp for editing. No need to find the image in a file browser first. Thought it might be somewhat related.
viewtopic.php?t=12483
realsnake

Post by realsnake »

:shock: actually i dont visit script section much and was unaware of these script presence thanks
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

janimate wrote:...I made a GIMP script myself:
I cant get the script to work, I get this error;

Code: Select all

Bad Syntax of bind spec in
let* : ((flnm) (p) (w) (h) (s) (img-name) (img-name-raw) (ln ""))
Adding a 0 in ((flnm) as suggested in the Gimp plugin registry comments didn't work either.

Gimp 2.6, Ubuntu Studio 8.10, 64-bit.
arthbard

Post by arthbard »

I fiddled a bit with that GIMP script, and after a couple of small changes, it seems to work. At least for me: XP SP3, GIMP 2.6.6, AS 5.6.

I will, however, warn you in advance that I'm not much of a coder, and my changes--small though they may be--did involve a bit of guesswork. So, my code comes with no guarantees, warranties, or refunds.

But, if anyone is still interested in this and has been unsuccessful with Janimate's original script, feel free to give this version a go.