AS to Poser?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dueyftw

AS to Poser?

Post by dueyftw »

I was wondering if it was possible to convert a Anime Studio file into a Poser pz3? If a vector layer in AS is a infante plane mesh that is drawn on, then would it import into poser? I’m thinking of a file converter. I'm also thinking it most likely impossible but I'm going to ask anyway.

Dale
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Not impossible but quite frankly I can't imagine why you would need it.

AS is basically 2D. Poser is 3D. If you have artwork you want on a 2D "plane" in poser then just export the image from AS and map it to a primitive in poser. Creating "flat" 2D/3D objects is probably one of the easiest things to create.

The other drawback is that AS's "3D" layer rotations aren't the same as an obj file that poser needs. Poser doesn't support AS vectors so basically you would be exporting a 3D plane with an image map. The effort required wouldn't be equal to the benefits... in my opinion anyway.

-vern
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I have tried to do the mapping to a 2 d plane and it becomes a size issue. All the 3D programs will render the edge of the plane, including Poser. To get rid if it you make the plane lager and get the edge out of camera view, but the uv map becomes larger.

Dale
tinnycan

Post by tinnycan »

Hmm there should be some option to "view resolution gate" or "fit to resolution" in the graphics program you have...that way there is no "bleed" in rendering and you don't have to scale your model. In Maya its in one of the view panel drop downs.