AVI EXPORT

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

davec

AVI EXPORT

Post by davec »

Hi,

I am trying to put an MOHO AVI movie into Pinnacle Studio Plus 9. Studio does import avi, but not the MOHO AVI. Apparantly there are up to 30 AVI file types, and Studio needs uncompressed.

Does this mean that the MOHO ones are compressed? Is it possible to specify the MOHO AVI file type on making a movie, or is there just the one AVI type in MOHO?

In which case, am I stuffed, or is there a work around anyone can tell me about?

Thanks a lot.
Dave
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

When you export an AVI file in Moho, a dialog should appear asking you to choose the compression type (or codec). In this dialog is a list with such options as Cinepak, Microsoft Video, maybe DivX, etc. One of the options should be "Full Frames (Uncompressed)".

It seems surprising that Pinnacle would only accept uncompressed AVI, but you do have that option when exporting from Moho.
davec

AVI EXPORT

Post by davec »

Hi Lost Marble,

My export movie dialogue just gives a straight AVI, but there are various render quality boxes... render at "half dimensions", "half frame rate" and "reduced particles" are not checked. Does that mean it is uncompressed?

That's the quality which Studio will not accept.

Could I be setting anything else wrong?

I really want to get this end working right before I commit myself to eons of hard slog.

Dave
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

The dialog you're describing is Moho's export dialog. Once you press OK, if you chose AVI another dialog will come up with AVI-specific options - that's the one I was talking about. It should say "Video Compression" in the title bar. Are you not seeing that AVI-specific dialog after you click OK and save the file?